1. Originally posted by ELIZIUM:[..]
    [image]
    Yes my copy was signed by them both (see photo).
    Yes, I recall only a limited run of 2000 were made available.
    There would be a lot more to add were they to update it to present.
    Maybe there will one day be an exhibition catalogue for the U2 museum?
    That’s the fella,the one and very same.It’s a cracking book.Yeah,an updated version to present day would be good to see.
  2. Originally posted by gmc:[..]
    That’s the fella,the one and very same.It’s a cracking book.Yeah,an updated version to present day would be good to see.
    Very well designed and presented on high quality paper stock. I would really like to see an updated version as it could expand on what is already in this version let alone all that came afterward for consecutive albums after The Best Of albums.
    There are many good ideas for future U2 books/publications, the best of which I think might be the Adam Clayton autobiography if that were ever an option.
  3. Here there are the postcards and the wav files:

https://wetransfer.com/downloads/604b24eb6d3a65a621cf41e09b43f4bb20200728191230/ad6bcc2330376e57d3927d0500705afc20200728191249/2ba52a

Originally posted by EnderBowen:

One last bonus thing... when U2 delayed POP from Christmas 96 they sent the label some postcards that said Expect Nothing But The Best, and I THINK included a 30 second to one minute audio reel that had a part of Discotheque and a part of Wake Up Dead Man (the latter of which had a mix that included additional parts that didn't make it into the final mix). I found similar things on YouTube to this, but not THAT particular one. Does anyone know who might have this?

4. Well... owe you all a sincere apology. For whatever reason I was never getting notifications about this thread (may have entirely been my fault - I don't know). So I never knew this was getting responses and I just didn't really think much about it.

Today I randomly did a search for the U2 A2Z MTV stuff and lo and behold this is like number 2 on the Google results. Imagine my surprise to see 3 freaking pages of responses!

You all went above and beyond sharing this stuff and I am so sorry I never responded.

Where can I find this book? I feel like I would fall in love with it! I did not see it on amazon.

Again, I'm sorry I never popped in here to look at the responses. This is great stuff. I'm still on my A2Z search.

And yes, I believe Discotheque was leaked in fall 96. I remember sitting for hours at the computer to download the WAV file over modem and literally chasing my family off from touching the phone (since that would undo everything). I have fond memories of such simple times LOL.

The other part of this is finishing up a new album myself and hitting some blocks on imagery I really needed a bit of a kick up the arse and some inspiration. So I really appreciate you all sharing this stuff.

5. They should have gone the "early stuff" route on the best ofs... I love that "Even Better Than The Early Stuff" title LOL
  6. Bumping this. If that's okay.