1. This is so good! What a treat!
    I have always loved this song but not the murky original mix.
    Keep them coming U2!

2. If Stateless was made in the 90s it would’ve been in an album. A more experimental song but not to mainstream or didn’t fit the ‘return to being the biggest band’ for ATYCLB
  3. I really like Stateless. I see that many of us didn't notice it - but in the movie "Million Dollar Hotel" itself from about 33 min. we can hear different version of Stateless with slightly different vocal take and trumpet! It's really worth to listen to - it's really haunting... It could be great to have it on some bonus disc somewhere.
  4. There was a german M$H 2 disc dvd set with making of the movie there are some hidden gems... Though short ... more electro version of GBHF (50sec?) Satellite Of love by Bono (1m20+), and Jump Start My Heart outtake of Bono & Lanois so there was so much more to dig out for this
  5. Originally posted by andrzej:I really like Stateless. I see that many of us didn't notice it - but in the movie "Million Dollar Hotel" itself from about 33 min. we can hear different version of Stateless with slightly different vocal take and trumpet! It's really worth to listen to - it's really haunting... It could be great to have it on some bonus disc somewhere.
    It has a similar feel to The Ground beneath her feet ,Lanois has a central role on both songs ,It should have been on ALTYCLB instead of Wild Honey or Grace IMO.
  6. I think Stateless shows that they were being way more experimental than we give them credit for at this point in time (even if it was just Bono & Lanois & his pedal steel / lap steel guitar) It’s far from being my fav but it would have been a nice contrast on ATYCLB.

Does anyone else get the post ‘Ray Of Light’ (Madonna) ‘Up’ (REM) feel from ‘Levitate‘? The production rather dates it to my ears & it could do w/ editing down by about 90 seconds. There’s a decent song in there somewhere.
  7. Originally posted by Reach1985:I think Stateless shows that they were being way more experimental than we give them credit for at this point in time (even if it was just Bono & Lanois & his pedal steel / lap steel guitar) It’s far from being my fav but it would have been a nice contrast on ATYCLB.

Does anyone else get the post ‘Ray Of Light’ (Madonna) ‘Up’ (REM) feel from ‘Levitate‘? The production rather dates it to my ears & it could do w/ editing down by about 90 seconds. There’s a decent song in there somewhere.
    I definitely hear that production value in Levitate. It is U2's 'Ray Of Light'. It's a nice breezy pop tune but I don't think it's finished as a song, there seems to be more production than that.
  8. 720p, I think