1. The glass splintered like rain, but you could only use your own ketchup.

Fries, somebody thinks the pics above are fries? They are actually potato re-enactments of Bad/40/Streets.
  2. Enough of that nonsense. Let's talk about the anniversary edition of ATYCLB.
  3. Originally posted by miryclay:[..]
    The glass splintered like rain, but you could only use your own ketchup.

Fries, somebody thinks the pics above are fries? They are actually potato re-enactments of Bad/40/Streets.
    Make it a double.
  4. Originally posted by deanallison:And as for bad segue into streets I’ve not read many people on this site saying it’s the best so it is still underrated despite the smart ass remarks.

Originally posted by ahn1991:In Boston, there's the amazing Bad/40/Streets money-shot that I always show to people who ask me why I'm willing to spend so much money to see U2

It was voted 3rd best Streets segue in a site poll here. It is not and never has been underrated.
  5. for me it is

Hawkmoon/Desire/Watchtower

and

Bad/40/Streets
  6. Originally posted by iTim:[..]

[..]

[..]

[..]

[..]

[..]

[..]

[..]

[..]

[..]

It was voted 3rd best Streets segue in a site poll here. It is not and never has been underrated.
    Well said Tim.
  7. Originally posted by iTim:[..]

[..]

[..]

[..]

[..]

[..]

[..]

[..]

[..]

[..]

3rd best streets segue means underrated to me since I think it’s easily the best one. Thinking something is underrated is just an opinion like all the other opinions out there, but apparently worthy of mocking on this thread not with the response I’ve quoted above I should add. That was you pointing out why you don’t think it’s underrated which is fine.
  8. I'll never know if it was great. I wasn't in Boston in 01. The sound broke up between the jerseys of Larry Bird, Ray Bourque and Bobby Orr up in the roof. If only a recording sanctioned by the band would be released.
  9. I prefer Please and RTSS segues... Not saying Bad is bad (lol)... but prefer those two... 3rd is accurate
  10. Hey guys, crazy idea, but hear me out: what if in the thread about the ATYCLB 20th anniversary release we talk about... the ATYCLB 20th anniversary release?
  11. What a radical idea!

I swapped over to digital when R&H was released but still have all the prior releases on vinyl. Over the last couple of years I started collecting the later reissues, often purchasing the coloured vinyl edition purely for novelty value. I'd been holding off with ATYCLB expecting it to get the colour treatment on its anniversary - white seemed the obvious choice; so the fact the anniversary edition is in standard black is a bit disappointing.

Before the audiophiles jump in with advice about coloured vinyl being inferior, I get all that; I was only interested from an aesthetic point of view.