1. Originally posted by Pipo:Would love to hear demo’s and a ‘baby’ pop as extra’s. On topic: the atyclb reissue Ad some nice extra’s but nothing new. So 8 cd’s for popšŸ¤ 
    It has to be so !
    At least 8 cds for POP (perhaps more )
    It was the era where every famous DJ was remixing U2´s music into
    new sonic levels. So many cool remixes around that time and even U2
    got into the groove with their song " Discoteque " LOL
    Not to mention that crazy looking stage of Pop-Mart tours. It looked like
    a traveling disco
    No other Rock-N-Roll band would have the guts to pull off such a stunt and
    never lose any of their fans. In fact, they got even MORE Fans !
    The years between Achtung-Baby and POP were something truly amazing.

The ATYCLB era was when theband decided to relax a little bit. The whole record, to me
    is more like "chill out music" , to relax after all that dancing around from Achtung-Baby and
    Pop music.
  2. Originally posted by max_thehitman:What happened to the Love for POP.

No one loves "POP" ... forgotten... banished... swept away under the rug...
    collecting dust on the shelf ... the black-sheep of the family

Release the POP in you too !
    Release POP super-deluxe-ultimate-collectors-special-edition 8 CD box !

by the way...
    ATYCLB 20th anniversary edition is excellent *big applause"
    Was hoping to have and hear more rare demos from this era.
    But its a great box-set !
    Thank you !

You get about 22 minutes max per side on vinyl. So about 44 minutes per disc. Eight CDs full would be just shy of 600 minutes...That would be 11 discs. They might do something that size again...ATYCLB sold well on vinyl.
  3. I love vinyl.
    Got around 4,000+ on my shelf. The sound is indeed a little superior to
    digital format, BUT...
    but with a digital format its much easier to travel around with.
    So I have both !

The reason vinyl is so good is that you can hear all of those little
    background sounds. Like Edge whispering to Bono´s hear...
    " You missed a beat man, get in with the project, or your fired "
  4. ....a couple of vinyls just for the remixes of Mission Impossible by Adam and Larry.there’s a lot of 12” for DJs plus cd singles that you could fill up the vinyls
    It’s from 1996...could be part of an eventual Pop box
  5. Originally posted by u2wanderer1:[..]

You get about 22 minutes max per side on vinyl. So about 44 minutes per disc. Eight CDs full would be just shy of 600 minutes...That would be 11 discs. They might do something that size again...ATYCLB sold well on vinyl.
    Wouldn’t 11 discs only hold 484 minutes? Considerably short of the 600 minutes 8 cd’s would hold. You would need 14 records to fit 600 minutes on (14 records would fit 616 minutes to be precise at 22 minutes per side). So 5 cd’s is maybe more realistic like the ATYCLB set or 6cd’s could work as well for 11 pieces of vinyl.

6. Here's an example of how it should be done!
  7. If only u2 had something like that in mind for an AB anniversary set this year. Full of loads of live material, I won’t start listing all the shows they could be including again but as always even the idea of it is exciting.
  8. A lot has been said about this lazy release, but at least the remaster is properly done. The original release sounded like 128kbs but the remaster has a much fuller soundstage. Like it a lot.
  9. Originally posted by RememberEveryMoment:A lot has been said about this lazy release, but at least the remaster is properly done. The original release sounded like 128kbs but the remaster has a much fuller soundstage. Like it a lot.
    I haven’t entertained the remaster (because this album is ugly) but I’ve always complained about the original release sounding like it was a poorly encoded low bitrate mp3.