1. Originally posted by RememberEveryMoment:A lot has been said about this lazy release, but at least the remaster is properly done. The original release sounded like 128kbs but the remaster has a much fuller soundstage. Like it a lot.
    I was just thinking about that. Found a relative cheap LP superdeluxe box. Had some giftcards, so it didn't cost me a lot. It arrived today and was listening to it. Sounds way better than the original.

But still it is a lazy release with all the bonus stuff which is no bonus at all, except for the photobook made by Anton Corbijn, which i realy love!
  2. It will be interesting to see if the band ever revisit this period of their career for future releases. I think another ATYCLB boxset is out of the question but maybe when the band are retired a show from the 3rd leg could be on the cards for a stand alone release one day. That’s the only essential thing missing from the era really.
  3. Originally posted by germcevoy:[..]
    I haven’t entertained the remaster (because this album is ugly) but I’ve always complained about the original release sounding like it was a poorly encoded low bitrate mp3.

I was lucky enough to accidentally wipe almost my entire digital U2 catalogue Decided to replace everything with remastered stuff if available/an improvement. Also ditched a lot of stuff I hardly listened to. Cost me a full weekend though

But yes. Original ATYCLB sounded crap. Much like SOI.
  4. Why do the live tracks from the Boston show sound so tinny and muted?
  5. Manray:

6. Is that a live vocal on Grace at the intro on the Manray recording?
  7. Grace’s only live representation then, not exactly spectacular but one for the stats that’s been previously missed.
  8. What he said X a billion!
  9. I think Bono was just ad libbing over the house music but I guess it counts!
  10. Wrong thread....need more coffee after Superbowl Sunday...
  11. The number of songs that I am fond of from this album doesn’t not sync up with the nonexistent emotional attachment I have to the album as a whole.

BD, Stuck, Walk On, Kite, When I Look, Peace on Earth. I like them all. New York and Elevation both passable as well.