1. With the talk of the anniversary box set of ATYCLB coming at the end of the year, if concerts are given the go ahead could we see a 20 year anniversary show at Slane Castle? it would be special and it surprises me that they haven't been back there since 2001
  2. I think it's their best concert film, so I'm all for it. I can't speak to the business logistics though because I know nothing about Slane besides that U2 played there.
  3. All down to the stage And tour I think. 2017 could have worked with the relatively standard stage setup.
  4. No more anniversary shows. Please.

Isn’t Slane a pain in the ass to get to/from? It’s literally a field next to a village.
  5. 1981

I could totally see them play Slane even next summer as Covid19 coming out bash. That's if it's safe.
  6. No chance in a non touring year.
  7. Originally posted by Welsh_Edge:No more anniversary shows. Please.

Isn’t Slane a pain in the ass to get to/from? It’s literally a field next to a village.
    It's about a 2 mile walk from the nearest parking/bus drop off I think - all good fun in the grand scheme of an adventure out for a show but a complete pain in the arse for the journey back when you're a bit pissed and delirious after a show....
  8. I think everything is up in the air with Covid19 and it's possible conclusion. There is going to be great Desire on part of the U2s to play again and employ their crew. I actually could see a one time two event show. It's time.
  9. Originally posted by miryclay:[..]
    I think everything is up in the air with Covid19 and it's possible conclusion. There is going to be great Desire on part of the U2s to play again and employ their crew. I actually could see a one time two event show. It's time.
    The suits in the background wouldn’t have it. I don’t think U2 are a band that would prepare themselves for a one off. They’d sooner roll out the JT 2017 show again.
  10. Probably in a couple of year.
    But, there will be audience?
  11. Assuming Covid is 'over' it's a great idea.
  12. I don't believe U2 had any intentions of touring at all in 2020 or 2021, even before Covid. This time is going to be used for writing songs and shaping an album, among other leisurely activities. My prediction is that they'll tour Achtung Baby 30 / Zoo.com in 2022, and then release a new album in late '22 or early '23, and then tour that in 2023 and 2024. I think 2021 is a bit iffy on if large scale concerts are going to be able to happen. Depends on the effectiveness and timing of the vaccines, I guess.