1. it was definitely played best on the elevation tour....

definitely the best is Slane!!! but another good one is Cleveland 2001-05-03... they really nailed it in this version!!!! plus the sound quality of that boot is awesome!!!

2. Well, that goes like:

Live Aid II
    Buenos Aires I
    Sarajevo I
    Arnhem II
    Slane III

So, Slane and Live Aid clear winners. I have to say that I love both...
    Slane is emotional, with the names of the died in Omagh...

"Three years after Omagh
    Turn this song into a prayer
    Three years after Omagh

Compromise... Not a dirty world, compromise...

Breda, Sean, Julia / Sunday, Bloody Sunday
    Gareth, Oran, Geraldine / Sunday, Bloody Sunday

Brenda Logue, Philomena Skelton, Gareth Conway, Brenda Devine, Lorraine Wilson, Samantha McFarland, Julia Hughes, Elizabeth Rush, Ricio Abad Ramos, Fernando Blasco Baselga, Esther Gibson, Anne McCombe, Veda Short, Aiden Gallagher, Alan Radford, Fred White, his son Brien White, Brian McCrory, Sean McGrath

Twnty nine people, too many!!"

Truly
  3. Red Rocks and Live Aid for me! Just pure raw energy in the those performances. And I know it's a minor little thing, but the song just sounds soooo good on Edge's old Blackie Stratocaster, as if it was totally meant to be played on just that guitar. It has that quintessential "rebel sound". They're all good, though.
  4. I've listened to a few live versions of the song, just because I have a few bootlegs.
    Now for me the best is that of Saitama 2006-12-04. That version was really powerful!!

5. Originally posted by sadb7788I've listened to a few live versions of the song, just because I have a few bootlegs.
    Well, I'm gonna make a *Rar with some versions (from all eras) of SBS and post it here in a few minutes I hope you get more SBS-knowledge with this

Wait 40 mins or so... I'm with slow speed now

6. Oh, Thanks a lot for your present, LikeASong!
    But maybe you don't know that my birthday is not today...

I'll start the download just within a few minutes!!!
    THANKS AGAIN!!!

7. I like the one in 1987-08-08 - Cork, Ireland - Pairc Ui Chaoimh. The sound quality is kinda raw but that's the charm with it. Besides, that Sunday Bloody Sunday is the longest version I've heard.
  8. 1) The one from the Rattle And Hum DVD (don't know where that was..)
    2) Slane Castle
    3) Popmart => Mexico (nice singing The Edge )
  9. Originally posted by LikeASongWell, that goes like:

Live Aid II
    Buenos Aires I
    Sarajevo I
    Arnhem II
    Slane III

So, Slane and Live Aid clear winners. I have to say that I love both...
    Slane is emotional, with the names of the died in Omagh...

"Three years after Omagh
    Turn this song into a prayer
    Three years after Omagh

Compromise... Not a dirty world, compromise...

Breda, Sean, Julia / Sunday, Bloody Sunday
    Gareth, Oran, Geraldine / Sunday, Bloody Sunday

Brenda Logue, Philomena Skelton, Gareth Conway, Brenda Devine, Lorraine Wilson, Samantha McFarland, Julia Hughes, Elizabeth Rush, Ricio Abad Ramos, Fernando Blasco Baselga, Esther Gibson, Anne McCombe, Veda Short, Aiden Gallagher, Alan Radford, Fred White, his son Brien White, Brian McCrory, Sean McGrath

Twnty nine people, too many!!"

Truly

Buenos Aires...which tour?
    And I doidn't know that there was a Slane 3
  10. Originally posted by sadb7788I've listened to a few live versions of the song, just because I have a few bootlegs.
    Now for me the best is that of Saitama 2006-12-04. That version was really powerful!!

I have to say i strongly disagree...the Japanese audience could not not relate, to what was gong on in the west.
    That and Japanese crowds are usually quiet anyway.