1. Late, but this is mainly due to my age : = )).
    On top of my list, above the aforementioned classic live versions, is the version from Werchter 1983. Wonderfully rough and pure without post-production or photoshop, audio quality +++, full of energy, heavy bass, extra lines ('the trenches dug within our hearts - "our hearts"), an extended outro ("in your heart, in your heart, oh no no no"), and the audience that keeps on singing. When alone in the car, I still dare, after all those years, to sing along (idem for the 11'O Clock version from Red Rocks 1983 or Boston 1983 ...).
  2. Red rocks 1983 followed by the one from rattle and hum
  3. Same here. Those were the first 2 versions of the song I ever heard, and I have yet to hear them be topped. I was 13 or so when I started getting into U2, and I actually owned UABRS and R&H movie before I bought the War album. I was pretty confused when I first heard the album version of SBS!! But now I appreciate overall tone of the album version, as if it's an entirely seperate song!
  4. Conspiracy Of Hope 1986-06-15
  5. I like any version that is between 1986-1988, specifically for this song I feel that in those years they excelled. I have to explore U2's live versions more, someday in the future I will have specific and favorite versions for each song of this band through the years in my phone lol
  6. 83 and 87 Are great, but I have soft spot for 2001 versions with Johnny Was Good And Get Up Stand Up snippets.
    All latter SBS are kinda terrible until JT17/19 - that one was good (not great though) again.
  7. Elevation Tour / Vertigo Tour versions for me
  8. And again! The unpolished raw talent of Red Rocks and the unrestrained anger of R&H make for two epic performances.
  9. Originally posted by Alvin:83 and 87 Are great, but I have soft spot for 2001 versions with Johnny Was Good And Get Up Stand Up snippets.
    All latter SBS are kinda terrible until JT17/19 - that one was good (not great though) again.
    A 2001 version (Slane? Notre Dame?) would definitely get my bronze medal. Solid performances indeed during the Elevation tour.
  10. i go with you
  11. Strange choice maybe, but my current favourite version is from Rome1 in 2017...