1. Not trying to get too far ahead, but If they do indeed release a 30th anniversary deluxe edition next year, are there any other possibilities for live shows other than Sydney or Dublin? I have the Sydney fan club CDs and have always found the sound too muddy, it’s almost unlistenable to my ears. The same could be said of the Dublin WW1 audio from the pre-Fm CDs. Does that tour not have anything available in more clear sound or was it the way the shows were recorded? An epic era like that should have a pristine audio release.
  2. There are plenty of other options given what they’ve recorded and what was broadcasted professionally; whether or not they’d bother is another question entirely.

Off the top of my head, RFK Stadium (DC) on the outside broadcast was professionally recorded. I believe Stockholm was too.
  3. I would just hope we could eventually get something with clear sounding audio. Is it just me or does anyone else have a hard time listening to Sydney from the fan club CDs? In an ideal situation they could release shows from the early and latter legs to get setlist changes.
  4. Yeah, I totally agree about the muddiness of Sydney. The mix for that imho is not good at all, I much prefer the Adelaide recording from a week or so before, better recording, better show too.

The same can be said for Mexico 1997 and most of the other broadcast feeds on the Popmart tour, too flat, too muddy, too much audience noise piped into the mix. I guess I prefer a much drier, crisper, sharper sound, such as a pure soundboard or dry IEM that we've been spoilt with in the last 20 years or so now.

As Matt says, they have everything from that tour in the archives, and I'd imagine they'll likely have plenty of raw unmixed soundboards in the archives that they could put out if they really wanted to as is, or with some mastering. But yeah whether they'd bother releasing any of them is another matter.

That said they did for TJT#30 with the MSG show getting an official release, so who knows?
  5. Yes I was surprised with MSG too, so there is hope, but I will be extremely disappointed if they don’t add a far superior live show in terms of sound quality on the AB 30th
  6. Yeah, they ought to. But I guess there are plenty out there unofficially ;-)
  7. They did remaster Sydney in 1080p for u2.com so they could throw that in there.
  8. It was just upscaled though. Not an INXS style improvement.
  9. Dont think so. Think they said it was just available in 5.1. Nothing about remastering.
  10. The DTS track is FAR superior to the 2 channel mix on both the dvd and the fan club cds.