1. I agree. I thought those just Bono and Edge features of unreleased songs on 360 were, while welcomed because we hadn't heard them, in risk of falling short - and they did. North Star was no exception, it just felt really hollow. Everyone will defend it by saying it's incomplete but it was still empty. I still stand to this day that the early version of Every Breaking Wave played on 360 was dismal.
  2. I have to agree here. I liked, I LOVED the fact that they were going off script a little bit and I loved seeing a more "vulnerable" part of them and also have an insight to their songwriting process... But being honest the 4 songs that they played in 2010 (Stingray, Glastonbury, North Star and EBW) were just subpar. It was amazing to see EBW develop into one of the best songs of recent times though!
  3. Originally posted by LikeASong:I have to agree here. I liked, I LOVED the fact that they were going off script a little bit and I loved seeing a more "vulnerable" part of them and also have an insight to their songwriting process... But being honest the 4 songs that they played in 2010 (Stingray, Glastonbury, North Star and EBW) were just subpar. It was amazing to see EBW develop into one of the best songs of recent times though!
    Yeah, I have to admit that the studio version of EBW surprised me how much the song developed.