1. Originally posted by deanallison:I like Popmart but I still think there’s no songs that were at there best on that tour except the pop songs. All the classics have sounded better either before or since then. For that reason I’d rank it probably last of all the tours from zoo tv onwards.
    Yes, good point. But the Vertigo tour suffers from the same, but even worse because the album * they were promoting is a thousand times worse than Pop

* just a poor try to get back on topic! lol
  2. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    Yes, good point. But the Vertigo tour suffers from the same, but even worse because the album * they were promoting is a thousand times worse than Pop

* just a poor try to get back on topic! lol
    That’s maybe a good point when i think of it, although I like pop and HTDAAB about the same. I think the vertigo tour I prefer because of Setlist choices, Popmart didn’t really have that many exciting inclusions in comparison. An Cat Dubh/Into The Heart for starters is one of the highlights of all there DVD’s for me and never sounded better than at Chicago. Running to stand still I prefer the vertigo tour version over any other version I know thats an unpopular opinion though but I just prefer Bono’s more spoken lyrics and tone. Zoo station and the fly have been better before and since but I think they both were great inclusions, 40 for me was as good as it’s always been. The regulars definitely I’d agree sounded better on different tours, elevation on the vertigo tour I can’t stand, but they did have some great new songs that they brought to the live shows. It maybe would come down to a pop vs HTDAAB discussion though as you suggested which pop would probably win on here. But I’d opt for the vertigo tour.
  3. Sorry, stopped reading there

Spoiler (click to toggle)
    Just kidding! Good points overall, and as usual it comes down to personal preference obviously. VT had a MUCH higher setlist variation than Popmart (heck, every single tour except the Joshua 17 and 19 tours have had more variation than Popmart!) but all in all I would rank Popmart a bit ahead of VT due to the album being superior (to me!) and also due to the tour being more groundbreaking in general, stage & concept wise, while VT was basicall a "repeavolution" of the ET.
  4. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    Sorry, stopped reading there

Just kidding! Good points overall, and as usual it comes down to personal preference obviously. VT had a MUCH higher setlist variation than Popmart (heck, every single tour except the Joshua 17 and 19 tours have had more variation than Popmart!) but all in all I would rank Popmart a bit ahead of VT due to the album being superior (to me!) and also due to the tour being more groundbreaking in general, stage & concept wise, while VT was basicall a "repeavolution" of the ET.
    Some good points made all round I’d say. It would actually be quite an interesting survival thread. Where would people rank the earlier tours that maybe didn’t feature a lot of people’s favourite material that hadn’t yet been released. How would the more stripped back tours fair against the big extravagant tours, there’s a lot more variables with a tour survival game.
  5. Originally posted by deanallison:I like Popmart but I still think there’s no songs that were at there best on that tour except the pop songs. All the classics have sounded better either before or since then. For that reason I’d rank it probably last of all the tours from zoo tv onwards.
    Streets was at least different and really like that version more than any latter versions... maybe JT17 was almost that good...
  6. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    Sorry, stopped reading there

7. I have not done this in a long long time. But since I missed this one,
    I will still post my current rankings. Not much really changes with me,
    except I am currently looking for ways to rank SOI even lower, but
    unless I start counting Wide Awake In Europe as an album, SOI has
    found a home at the bottom for me. Destroying EBW was a collective effort of Bono and Edge's delusions of having a big hit single again,
    and producers like Ryan Teddy Bear Tedder bowing to something
    that just wasn't gonna happen. The charts were filled with 90% of
    songs by artists under 30, and there were no bands in their 50's on
    any charts...but getting off topic, my updated ratings:

1. Achtung Baby
    2. The Joshua Tree
    3. Pop
    4. Rattle and Hum
    5. War
    6. The Unforgettable Fire
    7. Zooropa
    8. All That You Can’t Leave Behind
    9. How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb
    10. No Line On The Horizon
    11. Boy
    12. Songs Of Experience
    13. October
    14. Passengers
    15. Songs of Guilt uhhh Innocence
  8. Originally posted by pleasegone:I have not done this in a long long time. But since I missed this one,
    I will still post my current rankings. Not much really changes with me,
    except I am currently looking for ways to rank SOI even lower, but
    unless I start counting Wide Awake In Europe as an album, SOI has
    found a home at the bottom for me. Destroying EBW was a collective effort of Bono and Edge's delusions of having a big hit single again,
    and producers like Ryan Teddy Bear Tedder bowing to something
    that just wasn't gonna happen. The charts were filled with 90% of
    songs by artists under 30, and there were no bands in their 50's on
    any charts...but getting off topic, my updated ratings:

1. Achtung Baby
    2. The Joshua Tree
    3. Pop
    4. Rattle and Hum
    5. War
    6. The Unforgettable Fire
    7. Zooropa
    8. All That You Can’t Leave Behind