1. Welcome Lindsay, East Lansing in 11 was fantastic!
  2. Originally posted by LikeASong:Hi Lindsey, welcome to the best U2 fansite in the world You've come to the right place.

Like you, I grew up listening to U2 due to my parents being huge fans since the late 80s. I honestly think it's the best musical education we could possibly have had - U2's music style is very wide and varied so growing up listening to U2 kinda "prepares" you to like almost any other kind of music, from pop to hard rock, from mild electronic to blues. What do your friends say about your passion for a "dinosaur band" like U2, though? My friends have mocked me more often than not for it since I was a kid

In all honesty, my friends don't really mind! but I guess I don't talk about U2 with them as much as I could, I don't think they really mock me for it they just don't get why I love them so much hahaha.

Thanks for the welcome! I'm so happy to be here!
  3. Originally posted by ASortOfDesire:Welcome! I'm always happy to meet other young U2 fans, as rare as it is

Watching the Elevation tour DVDs is what got me into the band too!

Hi, and thanks! Glad to join the young-crowd around here!

4. My parents went to this show! They had an amazing time, and 11 year old me was so jealous hahah.
  5. Hey another young fan, I'm 25 and have been lucky enough to see a dozen shows. My dad was at the East Lansing show (all our family lives in Michigan and Ohio) and said it rocked
  6. U2starters, what was the show were Bono mixed up Ohio and Michigan? And the crowd boooed.
  7. Originally posted by nbelcik:Hey another young fan, I'm 25 and have been lucky enough to see a dozen shows. My dad was at the East Lansing show (all our family lives in Michigan and Ohio) and said it rocked
    hi! so nice to see other young fans, and so cool that you've been to 12 shows!!!
  8. If you can, do what I do and save up all your disposable income and then use it to follow them on tour, that's what I did and it was well worth it. I'm hoping they don't tour until 2022 or 2023 so that I'll have the money to go to many shows.
  9. Originally posted by nbelcik:[..]
    If you can, do what I do and save up all your disposable income and then use it to follow them on tour, that's what I did and it was well worth it. I'm hoping they don't tour until 2022 or 2023 so that I'll have the money to go to many shows.

This sounds like a plan that I can commit to! Also, totally agree with the waiting to tour again idea! I am sure that concerts won't be happening again until at least 2022 anyway, so it gives me more time to save up some money! My dad and I both agree that if/when they come back to Detroit or Chicago we're for sure going to attend!
  10. Originally posted by lindseyh:[..]

This sounds like a plan that I can commit to! Also, totally agree with the waiting to tour again idea! I am sure that concerts won't be happening again until at least 2022 anyway, so it gives me more time to save up some money! My dad and I both agree that if/when they come back to Detroit or Chicago we're for sure going to attend!
    Yup, that's the only plus about the pandemic; it means the band won't tour for a few years and I can save up. Did you go to the 2017 show in Detroit? I was there, all my extended family lives in Michigan and Ohio so we took a trip and visited them and saw the show. It was the 2nd best of the JT 2017 shows I went to
  11. I was there. Shook hands with Bono and Adam before the gig. A great show as always in Detroit.