1. I've been listening to quite a few more U2 bootlegs since we started the Bootleg Round Table back up.

Yesterday I listened to 2005-05-28 Boston, MA - the final night of the first leg of the Vertigo Tour. Really great stuff, I put a review up in the show page. Below is a pic from the concert I grabbed from U2gigs.

Cool encore, and a show worth listening to if only to hear them gang-murder The Electric Co.
  2. Yesterday was a really lackluster PopMart show - 1997-05-22 Pittsburgh, PA. My main takeaway from the show is that the band really did not know how to communicate on the stage yet.

There are more than just mistakes...there are disasters on plenty of songs in the first half. Not ending songs together, Edge beginning songs in the wrong key, Bono's voice lasting less than a half hour. Sometimes U2 has the ability to push through those things and keep the spirit alive, but this was just not a great night. They manage to pull it together by the encore though.

Today is a show from my literal hometown, as I grew up about a 3 minute drive from this amphitheatre. 1992-09-18 Tinley Park, IL.

Poor sound but a solid ZooTV standard in terms of performance. Bono does do one of my favorite lyric changes, in Mysterious Ways, "she moves in a miracle daze"

3. I have somehow never heard the somewhat-famous ZooTV Tacoma II so I'm remedying that this morning.
  4. Update: predictably amazing. Review added to our page.

5. Yes, the entire first leg of Zoo TV was in arenas.

I really wish there were better documents of this tour being indoors. I think it's a brilliant stadium show but what a production to put in an arena.
  6. Hey guys!
    I have an opening in two days
  7. And another opening on Sunday
    I hope you like it!