1. Why were Joshua Tree and Achtung Baby reissued as 2 discs instead on 1 disc on vinyl?
  2. Is it not something to do with the amount of minutes the vinyl can hold at the particularly quality they want. To fit it all into one would mean having to go for reduced quality. I’ve read for good quality no more than 22 minutes a side and I read 24 minutes from a different comment so somewhere in that region would fall in line with the ones they’ve reissued on just 1 vinyl with both JT and AB being too long.
  3. It's just a selling feature lMHO.
  4. Commercial move
    The more the groove is narrow,the more the needle can “hurt” the sides of it and let the sound explode “out”
    The more the groove is wide,the less it hurts the sides
    So that you can understand
    ( explained to me by an Italian old school musician)
  5. It also differentiates it from the original release so collectors have something to buy.
  6. Unless it's a long album that would have to be really squeezed to fit on one vinyl, I always prefer single disc releases to doubles. I frequently do not buy because it's a double. It's a pain to listen to a double album that has 2-3 songs per side, and I'll happily sacrifice the theoretical quality. Putting an actual album on 3 sides like U2 have done recently is okay, though I still prefer a single disc. For example, when I listen to SOI I always listen to the single disc RSD release. I did not buy the double JT and ATYCLB reissues. I've also skipped double vinyl reissues from lots of other bands when a single disc version was available. I think it's mostly a gimmick and an excuse to charge more when the real additional production cost is minimal.
  7. I bought the reissue of Atomic Bomb 💣 red vinyl which was one record ,OK the audio geeks might say it's better to spread it onto 2 but I didn't notice it being any less quality to say Achtung baby reissue .
  8. How to dismantle is only 49 minutes so that would be pretty close to the maximum 24 minutes a side guide. It could all be a gimmick but why release Pop and Zooropa on double vinyl, NLOTH on double but then the shorter albums on single? Too much of a coincidence for me I think the quality thing is the reason. Side B of HTDAAB does come in at over 25 minutes but I noticed all the track times listed are slightly shorter than on the cd so again it does seem like they are trying to keep to a certain quality.
  9. Originally posted by Fly40:Commercial move
    The more the groove is narrow,the more the needle can “hurt” the sides of it and let the sound explode “out”
    The more the groove is wide,the less it hurts the sides
    So that you can understand
    ( explained to me by an Italian old school musician)
    Correct: the groves are more compressed the closer you get to the center of a vinyl record. You tend to get some audio distortion close to the center. It's mostly for audiophiles, but personally I can hear the difference.
  10. Originally posted by ChcgMat:[..]
    Correct: the groves are more compressed the closer you get to the center of a vinyl record. You tend to get some audio distortion close to the center. It's mostly for audiophiles, but personally I can hear the difference.
    I can hear the differences too
    As I told for Boy remastered,the first remastered reissue ( 2008 ) is really crappy
    This last one ( 40th anniversary) sounds way better
    And remember: mastering from the original tapes ( which in many cases have been destroyed) is one thing, then there is mastering from another source