1. Originally posted by drewhiggins:*I’d tell Bono: The radio doesn't care about your band anymore.
    *I’d tell Edge: Are you sure you were on the last album?
    *I’d tell Adam: Be groovy.
    *I’d tell Larry: You're drumming for The Artane Boys' Band again.
    x2

2. I like the idea of this topic
    I think I'd tell the guys: The next album needs more sexy songs like "If you wear that velvet dress"
  3. Originally posted by popmarter:Forget about the album/tour cycle throw out a few EPs,forget about trying to be relevant nobody over 40 in the music industry is ,let Edge run riot on the guitar 🎸 and make a more raw record like War with very little overdubs and production.

Yes, exactly.
  4. Originally posted by popmarter:Forget about the album/tour cycle throw out a few EPs,forget about trying to be relevant nobody over 40 in the music industry is ,let Edge run riot on the guitar 🎸 and make a more raw record like War with very little overdubs and production.

I like the first part of that, I do like my albums but if they just got 3 or 4 songs out every 6 months even and then when it does eventually come to touring they can still pick 6 or 7 songs from there latest work to play live like they do with a new album anyway. Worry less about theme’s etc and just release great songs.
  5. Steve Lillywhite should be drafted in as sole producer as he gets the best out of them and has been working with them since the start. I reckon U2's status as one of the biggest bands in the world 🌎 has made they become extremely paranoid about what they release and how much time they spend over cooking an album, I mean on SOE they had 9 producers and delayed it for a year most other bands couldn't afford to or wouldn't do that ,they've discarded top producers such as Chris Thomas, Rick Rubin, Red One and Danger Mouse 🐁 all because they could afford to and weren't happy with the final product or more likely were worried about how it would be received.
  6. It would be interesting to hear both of the Chris Thomas and Rick Rubin sessions in their entirety.
  7. We need better production on the next record. The drums especially. They sounded anaemic on SOE.

Eno and the band have said that the songs sound better on tour and that is true, The Blackout is one example in 2018. They should debut new songs on tour and then record them like they were performed and release it afterwards.
  8. Originally posted by Welsh_Edge:We need better production on the next record. The drums especially. They sounded anaemic on SOE.

Eno and the band have said that the songs sound better on tour and that is true, The Blackout is one example in 2018. They should debut new songs on tour and then record them like they were performed and release it afterwards.
    So what you are saying is we should travel back to 2010 in a 360 degree spaceship?
  9. I would have Dave Grohl work with them on a rock album.

If it was more of a POP/Rock album then I would call in Beck to produce and mix. His versions from SOE are solid.

I would also try and bring in Brian Fallon to record a more Tom Petty/Springsteen esq album.
  10. Originally posted by gregzky:I would have Dave Grohl work with them on a rock album.

If it was more of a POP/Rock album then I would call in Beck to produce and mix. His versions from SOE are solid.

I would also try and bring in Brian Fallon to record a more Tom Petty/Springsteen esq album.
    Maybe Grohl will produce the 'rawk' album that Bono has been talking about it at Studio 606 in Northridge, CA.
  11. Get Trent Reznor to produce it.
  12. Originally posted by kezman:[..]
    Re-make the album you choose to pretend never happened,re-visit Flopmart to boost your career and win 2022??

No, not re-make or re-record Pop, but use those songs, influences and that vibe as the springboard for the new album. Aka take some freaking risks again.

Not sure I can think of another band that is so openly scared of failing and yet do so repeatedly versus their own b.s. talking points of “making our best record yet”. So they swung and missed in their view with Pop - take another big swing! They have zero to lose.