1. I hope they go back to the basic sound, mix 80's beginning 90's. Eno and Lanois maybe Flood involved, they knowing how to create a good sound. Bono said somewhere that he'd like to record a hard record. I hope so. That's where it all started. A new beginning to create something great in 2022 I suppose.
  2. If I were to produce it, I'd need Lilly, Eno, Lanois in disguise helping me. I'd want it to be mainly a harder rocking album, and I'd tell them to self-produce it, and when it is done, I'd hide the album from them, and let them bring in Teddy Bear Tedder, Timbaland, Mark Ronson, (insert any young producer pandering to young people for airplay), and have them re-record it with the tag team of losers. We'd then have two versions of the same album, and with any common sense, they would release both and bill each one as "old school U2 sound" and whatever dumb label they would put on the second version, and even have a deluxe version including both versions.
    Actually, this is a terrible idea. Has anybody broke it to the band that in the USA, the last time an artist over 50 had a hit
    was so long ago, I can't remember when it happened? Over 40? Not even over 40. I guess they don't yet know that even being over 35 makes it near impossible to have a hit. As they are all either 59 or 60 now, it just can't possibly have any kind of hit. They will be pushing 75 by the damn thing is finished anyway. And please, no more remixes. Do 60ish rock bands really need remixes?
  3. ... I'd be Danger Mouse. Or one of the producers of Liam Gallagher's records. And of Taylor Swift's, for good measure!
  4. Originally posted by pleasegone:If I were to produce it, I'd need Lilly, Eno, Lanois in disguise helping me. I'd want it to be mainly a harder rocking album, and I'd tell them to self-produce it, and when it is done, I'd hide the album from them, and let them bring in Teddy Bear Tedder, Timbaland, Mark Ronson, (insert any young producer pandering to young people for airplay), and have them re-record it with the tag team of losers. We'd then have two versions of the same album, and with any common sense, they would release both and bill each one as "old school U2 sound" and whatever dumb label they would put on the second version, and even have a deluxe version including both versions.
    Actually, this is a terrible idea. Has anybody broke it to the band that in the USA, the last time an artist over 50 had a hit
    was so long ago, I can't remember when it happened? Over 40? Not even over 40. I guess they don't yet know that even being over 35 makes it near impossible to have a hit. As they are all either 59 or 60 now, it just can't possibly have any kind of hit. They will be pushing 75 by the damn thing is finished anyway. And please, no more remixes. Do 60ish rock bands really need remixes?
    The reason U2 have lasted so long is because they refuse to play by the rule book so many bands from the 80s disappeared into obscurity in the 90s ,record labels dropped them like hot coals because a lot of them were out of step with the new sounds and weren't able to adapt to it ,U2 were still having hits up to the mid 00s which was unprecedented for a band of their vintage ,I'd like to see them getting back to a more raw sound of a band playing in a room without all the frills and having just one or two producers namely Lillywhite and Flood.
  5. Originally posted by popmarter:[..]
    The reason U2 have lasted so long is because they refuse to play by the rule book so many bands from the 80s disappeared into obscurity in the 90s ,record labels dropped them like hot coals because a lot of them were out of step with the new sounds and weren't able to adapt to it ,U2 were still having hits up to the mid 00s which was unprecedented for a band of their vintage ,I'd like to see them getting back to a more raw sound of a band playing in a room without all the frills and having just one or two producers namely Lillywhite and Flood.
    Lillywhite and Flood would be fine. From Bomb to now, the only hits
    they had were Vertigo and Boots was a minor hit, but Magnificent should have been the single. SOI to me, is their worst album, with the best tracks hidden on the Deluxe version, and I think I may be one of the few "California" fans around, but even I edited the intro on the cdr in my car. SOE was much better, but still fell flat with me. I just don't know if they can pull off another great album, but I won't give up hoping.
  6. The band has not had what is considered an actual hit since 2004. It will be close to 20 years since by the time we hear new U2.
  7. Originally posted by JuJuman:... I'd be Danger Mouse. Or one of the producers of Liam Gallagher's records. And of Taylor Swift's, for good measure!
    Danger Mouse tried that but from Press quotes i believe he Lost patience with the band ... I believe for the same reasons Chris Thomas left the bomb and Rubin didn’t get more than 2 tracks... they sadly love to overproduce everything ... Eno/Lanois like this kind of stew but call Lillywhite when things are getting out of hand ... same old story... I once though Fatboy Slim would be cool to bring something new but I doubt it
  8. Originally posted by MattG:The band has not had what is considered an actual hit since 2004. It will be close to 20 years since by the time we hear new U2.
    No band from the 80s has infact U2 were probably one of the only band from that era that did in the 00s.
  9. *I’d tell Bono: The Stuck in a Moment arrangement At Sydney 2019 was 'chockers'.
    *I’d tell Edge: Your guitar playing in Perth was ripper.
    *I’d tell Adam: I was there in Sydney 93 when you had to many slabs of beer.
    *I’d tell Larry: No worries mate!
    *I’d be Sydney Mike
  10. I would tell Edge to give us some great guitar solos like the live versions of Love is Blindness, Mysterious Ways, Kite (Sydney) and The Troubles.
  11. I would take the 4 of them to a few places in the Fair City, places like The Project Arts Centre, Trinity College, Stephen’s Green (where the Dandelion market used to be) and then I would take them to Dockers for a nice pint. That is where the real songs of innocence were born but they seem to have forgotten. It is the price of fame I guess. I know, I am one of those die hard fans who still believe they can deliver more and better.
  12. Don't collab with rappers.