1. Originally posted by SJKamal:Wouldn't it just be the same as JT30 lol but with AB songs in order instead of JT?

If they did do an AB30 I would want it cover all the albums in the 90s, not just AB.
    The Setlist I came up with featured 18 90’s songs. You could maybe take a pop song in place of something but I’m sure it would be a focus on the zoo tv era rather than the whole 90’s if it was an anniversary tour of sorts.
  2. if such a tour actually happens, you guys think it's gonna be in 2022 or 2023? I believe 2022 might be the first year of a somewhat normal return to live shows, so I believe 2023 is a safer year for both the fans & the band.
  3. If they were going to do an AB tour it would be in 2021, but obviously Covid has stopped that. I can see them doing a U2 X Radio special, or something on U2.com like a stream or a rerecorded version of the album to celebrate. I think 2022 will be a new album and 2023 a new tour.

Saying that, even 2022 and 2023 might be a bit optimistic for live shows to return with the current state of the world.
  4. well it's not necessarily about AB. Even if there were plans for AB 30 tour, of course that's over now. What Edge said is that he'd like to do sth with the ZooTV idea, which means that - if we had no Covid - even 2023 would work; like it's 30 years since ZooTV's last shows. Then again, I think Edge means that whenever it's possible to tour, so even if it's 2024, they could do a stage design and chaotic visuals just like ZooTV. They could do such a tour and play songs from a new album & focus more on the 90s material the same way they focused on the 80s in the JT tours.
  5. Originally posted by iamcrazytonight:well it's not necessarily about AB. Even if there were plans for AB 30 tour, of course that's over now. What Edge said is that he'd like to do sth with the ZooTV idea, which means that - if we had no Covid - even 2023 would work; like it's 30 years since ZooTV's last shows. Then again, I think Edge means that whenever it's possible to tour, so even if it's 2024, they could do a stage design and chaotic visuals just like ZooTV. They could do such a tour and play songs from a new album & focus more on the 90s material the same way they focused on the 80s in the JT tours.
    Edge is also always saying that they have 50 great songs or more for the next album. And all we get is 3 great songs and 9 crappy ones. So I wouldn't count to much on Edges statements.
  6. I don't want an AB30 tour to happen, but let's play this game anyway, why not.

00 - Night And Day [instrumental mix]
    01 - Zooropa
    02 - Even Better Than The Real Thing
    03 - Lady With The Spinning Head
    04 - Mysterious Ways
    05 - One
    06 - Some Days Are Better Than Others
    07 - Tryin' To Throw Your Arms Around The World
    08 - Babyface

[acoustic set]
    09 - Slow Dancing
    10 - So Cruel
    11 - Satellite Of Love
    12 - The First Time

[back to electric]
    13 - The Wanderer
    14 - Acrobat
    15 - Dirty Day
    16 - Until The End Of The World
    17 - Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses

[encore - PA interlude: Oh Berlin]
    18 - Zoo Station
    19 - The Fly
    20 - Daddy's Gonna Pay For Your Crashed Car
    21 - Ultra Violet (Light My Way)
    22 - Stay (Faraway, So Close!)

[encore - PA interlude: Alex Descends Into Hell For A Bottle Of Milk / Korova 1]
    23 - Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me
    24 - Lemon
    25 - Love Is Blindness
    26 - Can't Help Falling In Love

Now that is one show I'd love to attend (as long as they don't disguise like in Zoo TV which would be so cringeworthy 30 years later).
  7. Originally posted by Zwervervriend:[..]
    Edge is also always saying that they have 50 great songs or more for the next album. And all we get is 3 great songs and 9 crappy ones. So I wouldn't count to much on Edges statements.
    They’ve not made 9 crappy songs in the last 30 years never mind on the one album.
  8. I don't wanna see a Zoo TV tour anniversary tour it's done it's on video the whole world saw it they've played most of the album on the last few tours so there is no need to cash in on it again.I've no problem with them putting out another boxset with unreleased live videos and audio or even a one off live show for a TV special also with live touring off the agenda for the foreseeable future the chances of them even contemplating it are highly remote.
  9. I'd welcome a remastered ZooTV DVD/Bluray Box-Set with Sydney and another, maybe an indoor, ZooTV-show.
    And I wouldn't mind them to review the concept of ZooTV.
  10. Of all the bands from the 60s,70s and 80s U2 were always the most progressive never resting solely on their back catalogue to tour or to keep them functional,when they announced TJT tour a lot of fans were shocked as it was the last thing they expected them to do as they always maintained there was no reverse gear on the tank, Ok things have changed rapidly in the music world nobody over 40 is played on mainstream radio 📻 and you need to use other marketing tools to stay popular and nostalgia is a major attraction but if they do another Zoo TV tour I'd hope they would also do a new album .
  11. Originally posted by LikeASong:I don't want an AB30 tour to happen, but let's play this game anyway, why not.

00 - Night And Day [instrumental mix]
    01 - Zooropa
    02 - Even Better Than The Real Thing
    03 - Lady With The Spinning Head
    04 - Mysterious Ways
    05 - One
    06 - Some Days Are Better Than Others
    07 - Tryin' To Throw Your Arms Around The World
    08 - Babyface

[acoustic set]
    09 - Slow Dancing
    10 - So Cruel
    11 - Satellite Of Love
    12 - The First Time

[back to electric]
    13 - The Wanderer
    14 - Acrobat
    15 - Dirty Day
    16 - Until The End Of The World
    17 - Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses

[encore - PA interlude: Oh Berlin]
    18 - Zoo Station
    19 - The Fly
    20 - Daddy's Gonna Pay For Your Crashed Car
    21 - Ultra Violet (Light My Way)
    22 - Stay (Faraway, So Close!)

[encore - PA interlude: Alex Descends Into Hell For A Bottle Of Milk / Korova 1]
    23 - Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me
    24 - Lemon
    25 - Love Is Blindness
    26 - Can't Help Falling In Love

Now that is one show I'd love to attend (as long as they don't disguise like in Zoo TV which would be so cringeworthy 30 years later).
    This would indeed be amazing.
  12. Originally posted by Papo:I'd welcome a remastered ZooTV DVD/Bluray Box-Set with Sydney and another, maybe an indoor, ZooTV-show.
    And I wouldn't mind them to review the concept of ZooTV.
    I would bet big money on them releasing a boxset similar to JT or ATYCLB with only cd’s no dvd. 4 or 5 cd’s.

Cd1 - AB
    Cd2 - b sides/ demos/ outtake S
    Cd3 & 4 - Washington 92

There could be a remix cd as well or there might only be 1 live cd with an edited down show, I really fancy the release to happen.