1. Antwerp 2015

2. Bold choice that.I’m glad we’ve got a ‘poodles plums’ bootleg of this show ‘cos I personally thought the sound was a bit ‘iffy’,a bit too distorted/loud while there.

Mine’s Manchester 1 (11/8/2001) : again I felt the sound wasn’t particularly good that night.Next night was way better.
  3. Yeah on the bootleg it sounds like a great show. Personally though I had seats that were quite high up, and cost £110 each. The sound was the worst thing I have experienced, the band looked like ants, and couldn't really see Bono when he was at the B stage because a sound tower was in the way (even though the tickets were unrestricted view). The screen was pretty much useless as well because the sun didn't set until the encore which made it hard to see. I actually remember being quite bored to be honest during the second half of The Joshua Tree. The only part of the show I kinda enjoyed was the encore - and that was mainly because of Noel Gallagher.
  4. For me that's Amsterdam 1 2018. We had bad seats (without Nick Cave) with people around staying in their seats most of the time, just watching the show on the screen that's at the end of the (B-)stage. It didn't really feel like we were at a U2 show when the band was on the main stage. 3 years before we were in the same spot and somehow that worked a lot better. I don't think it was a bad show or something, but it just never really went off.
    Also after 2015 and 2017 and the less convincing Songs Of Experience maybe the longing just was not big enough. Next day, in GA, it was a lot better. I would rate that show (together with Berlin 3) somewhere in the middle bracket of my list.
  5. Originally posted by SJKamal:[..]
    Yeah on the bootleg it sounds like a great show. Personally though I had seats that were quite high up, and cost £110 each. The sound was the worst thing I have experienced, the band looked like ants, and couldn't really see Bono when he was at the B stage because a sound tower was in the way (even though the tickets were unrestricted view). The screen was pretty much useless as well because the sun didn't set until the encore which made it hard to see. I actually remember being quite bored to be honest during the second half of The Joshua Tree. The only part of the show I kinda enjoyed was the encore - and that was mainly because of Noel Gallagher.
    All fair.
  6. Originally posted by Sydney_MIke:[..]

That's an important disclaimer for a thread like this. When I think of some of the worst gigs I've ever seen, they are still a long way behind my least favourite U2 gig.

My least favourite at the time was Zoo-TV Sydney. Now you've all seen it and raved about it but I can recall walking out of the show feeling strongly underwhelmed by the set list and the technology. With hindsight it was a blistering start packed with AB songs but at the time much of the material was still relatively new and unfamiliar; particularly the four from Zooropa - although I now appreciate how lucky I was to hear DGPFYCC and Lemon. There was also three cover songs in a 24 track set list that finished on a melancholy note with Can't Help Falling In Love.

While the video screens look great on TV, it was difficult to see them from a side angle and there had been much hype about the use of technology. Finally, the audio in the stadium was awful - it bounced around and echoed so much that it was difficult to enjoy the sound.

So this one has probably increased its rating with the passage of time, but it remains the one I left most disappointed with when the house lights went up.

They actually played 5 from Zooropa which makes it a very bold Setlist with basically 13 new songs if you include the 8 from AB. That’s one of the things I love about the later shows on the tour, if they had played ultraviolet and wild horses as well on that leg that would have been better still. I wish I could have been there but you’ve listed some understandable points that made it a bit underwhelming for you. It seems like sound and location are 2 of the main issues for people with there choices.
  7. Originally posted by Ricku2:For me that's Amsterdam 1 2018. We had bad seats (without Nick Cave) with people around staying in their seats most of the time, just watching the show on the screen that's at the end of the (B-)stage. It didn't really feel like we were at a U2 show when the band was on the main stage. 3 years before we were in the same spot and somehow that worked a lot better. I don't think it was a bad show or something, but it just never really went off.
    Also after 2015 and 2017 and the less convincing Songs Of Experience maybe the longing just was not big enough. Next day, in GA, it was a lot better. I would rate that show (together with Berlin 3) somewhere in the middle bracket of my list.
    ‘You should just decide in advance that nothing is going to spoil the fun, that's what 99% of the fans do’
  8. Probably should add that Cologne I in 2015 was the worst for me. Ross1441 will testify, but we had shocking seats at 30 Euros, doing the economy drive to cram in as many shows as possible. Could only really see the band on the e stage, got a rectangular video screen to compensate and we were so far up the arena. Atmosphere was poor.

But then the second night is probably the best I've seen them and was in GA. Every cloud.
  9. Originally posted by KieranU2:Probably should add that Cologne I in 2015 was the worst for me. Ross1441 will testify, but we had shocking seats at 30 Euros, doing the economy drive to cram in as many shows as possible. Could only really see the band on the e stage, got a rectangular video screen to compensate and we were so far up the arena. Atmosphere was poor.

But then the second night is probably the best I've seen them and was in GA. Every cloud.
    Reversal in 2017. We had a much better night in the cheap seats on night 2 than we did in GA for the first show.
  10. Difference of cheap seats in a stadium with a simpler stage design than in an arena with a more elaborate setup and less space to play with.

Those cheap seats in Amsterdam were a steal.