1. @mashfan, I'm sorry you weren't "in" on the humour to recognise the sarcasm and wit but there has been a substantial amount of debate and comment in this forum about last year's subscription gift only being on DVD rather than Blu-ray or even 4k download. No offence but for many, DVD is so last century - hell, even this old dinosaur has stopped collecting them; but I appreciate others still do and want to trade.
  2. @mashfan is actually right, the "humour" went too far. For what is a unique and genuine request doesn't need to be met with endless rounds of sarcasm. If you're not going to help, leave the thread without commenting.

I don't personally trade DVDs anymore, but I'm sure someone will be able to assist you, Chris.
  3. Agree Kieran, although I think Likeasong was just messing,it's not a great way to treat a newbie tbf.

Nothing wrong with trading in 2021 if that's what you're into, I'm presuming plenty on here still burn CDs/dvds judging by the covers threads,and members requesting covers for certain bootlegs.
  4. Originally posted by mashfan:Thanks for making me welcome . .Started with cassettes etc and now have around 946 dvds on u2 . Am out of here . Only on a day too . Fucking rude people

Welcome to U2Start Y'all
  5. Sorry for the irony, and sorry that it annoyed you.

As hoserama says, in this day and age there is no/little point in trading DVDs anymore because a) most of the existing recordings are available for free out there in torrents and other sharing sites and b) if you were to trade some really rare recording that hasn't surfaced in public you better do it via online instead of using a physical delivery method that has been around for 14 centuries already...

I thought addressing this issue with a bit of humour was acceptable but I'm sorry you didn't like it. Please accept my apologies.
  6. Originally posted by kezman:Agree Kieran, although I think Likeasong was just messing,it's not a great way to treat a newbie tbf.

Nothing wrong with trading in 2021 if that's what you're into, I'm presuming plenty on here still burn CDs/dvds judging by the covers threads,and members requesting covers for certain bootlegs.
    I agree.

Besides, I know what Sergio is like
  7. Originally posted by KieranU2:@mashfan is actually right, the "humour" went too far. For what is a unique and genuine request doesn't need to be met with endless rounds of sarcasm. If you're not going to help, leave the thread without commenting.

I don't personally trade DVDs anymore, but I'm sure someone will be able to assist you, Chris.
    thank you Kieran . don't really wanna cause offensive or arguments over this
  8. Much ado about Nothing