1. I’m not 100% sure. A combination of things still being worked out before review. Sometimes a great recording can still sound a little distant and hollow and therefore not translate some things like the crowd very well.
  2. Originally posted by germcevoy:[..]
    I’m not 100% sure. A combination of things still being worked out before review. Sometimes a great recording can still sound a little distant and hollow and therefore not translate some things like the crowd very well.
    Ohh yes there I agree for sure, that's why I'll take a mediocre but full audience recording over a cold soundboard/ALD/IEM anyday. If I want to hear pristine recordings of the band playing their instruments there's 14 albums and several official recordings to go to - I listen to bootlegs to get the complete "show" experience and that includes the audience. But even with such a cold recording as this one I think the atmosphere and crowd joy transpires through. Admittedly I haven't listened to it in years so I might change my mind when I give it a spin this weekend.
  3. It definitely does ring true on this one. Still something about it that doesn’t click with me. Bono seems particularly somber but he had a lot going on at the time.
  4. Attitude/mood is questionable; good thing to pay attention to. I think in terms of musical chemistry and performance, this is one of the better Elevation shows.

They really click even if the “special sauce” might be absent.
  5. It’s an intriguing show for sure. It has me all sorts of conflicted. This is why the round table works.
  6. MattG summed this show up better than I ever could, been listening to this the last two days whilst at work, at points it feels like they are just "going through the motions" and then at other points it is brilliant....maybe a few more listens will change this for me
  7. Review up. It reads as conflicted as I feel about the show. Well worth the time though.
  8. I don't know what Hoserama thinks about but the matrix sounds strange, sometimes metallic, like if synchronisation was not perfect . especially a strange echoe on Bono's voice on speech between songs. anyway a good sound but could maybe be perfect if better matrixed ?
  9. Gonna get started on this one now. Certainly an interesting looking set.
  10. Originally posted by achtungpop:I don't know what Hoserama thinks about but the matrix sounds strange, sometimes metallic, like if synchronisation was not perfect . especially a strange echoe on Bono's voice on speech between songs. anyway a good sound but could maybe be perfect if better matrixed ?
    Guess I should give it a listen?

That flangy, "going through a tunnel" vocal sound is the hallmark of incorrect time alignment. Echo is probably slapback from the arena though.
  11. My review is up. Maybe I wrote too much but I wanted it to be as complete as possible (although I didn't write all the notes I took down during the performance)
  12. Originally posted by achtungpop:I don't know what Hoserama thinks about but the matrix sounds strange, sometimes metallic, like if synchronisation was not perfect . especially a strange echoe on Bono's voice on speech between songs. anyway a good sound but could maybe be perfect if better matrixed ?
    I'm certainly hearing some alignment issues on Elevation, and then its odd how the vocals go from upfront to recessed...I think the mixer was overdoing it on balancing the iem to aud.

Streets sounds really bizarre.

But yes, I think this could be remixed with better results. Plus the mixing tools have come a long ways.