1. Originally posted by deanallison:Is Edge not playing a bit of acoustic right at the end of the track? I know it’s not exactly a big contribution but as I mentioned last night I really can hear it being a good acoustic number for Bono and edge to play live on one of their tv appearance type performances. I’m still really enjoying it. Completely took me by surprise, I had zero expectations for it but I had to play it a few times on repeat last night I was really into it.
    I guess Edge just inspired the intro/melody line and Garrix electronically processed it somehow.
  2. The video for 'We Are The People' features an appearance by Jason McAteer, who scored the winning goal for the Republic of Ireland against the Netherlands on 1st September 2001, which saw Ireland qualify for the 2002 World Cup. The historic match took place on the same day as the Elevation Tour show at Slane Castle, with the crowd tuning in to watch the game on a big screen before the band took to the stage for a truly memorable show.

Martin said - "My video director Olle Knutson saw the 'Live From Slane' concert when he was younger, it was such a powerful moment, it stayed with him over the years. He loved the moment where Bono wrapped himself in the Irish flag and told the crowd to 'Close your eyes and imagine you're Jason McAteer'. He took it upon himself to track Jason down in London and asked him to be part of the video, we were so excited when Jason said yes. They shot it last week and we cut it with the concert footage alongside the original footage of Jason in his Number 7 shirt after scoring that famous goal. A goal that defeated the Netherlands by the way! But also a goal that illustrates the pure joy and euphoria of football and the celebratory message of this song. For Ole to be able to connect the dots is a dream come true."
  3. I also read the article, but he didn't complain. He said that the lyrics are better now...
    Originally posted by Remy:Martin Garrix complained in Dutch media that Bono changed every word of his lyrics. So unlike Bono 🤣
  4. I guess he should be glad they didn't change whole song at last minute...
  5. "Due to the changing world environment we've decided to postpone the release of our Euro2020 song to early 2022..."
  6. after having listened to it 50 times I must say that I like the song. I don't like that kind of music so much but this one fascinated me, I loved the chorus.
    I wish the edge was a little more remarkable
  7. exactly

8. Not bad as these kinda songs go.....Bono sounds good but no idea why Edge is even involved. The Ireland references in the video are kinda stupid given we didn't qualify
  9. Decent.pop song
  10. Love this lyric:
    "Broken bells and a broken church
    Heart that hurts is a heart that works
    From a broken place
    That's where the victory's won"

Brilliant!!! Love the song
  11. Originally posted by badirishcharlie:[..]

Not bad as these kinda songs go.....Bono sounds good but no idea why Edge is even involved. The Ireland references in the video are kinda stupid given we didn't qualify
    Think it might have been because Dublin was going to be one of the cities that was going to be having a couple of games held there until COVID happened.
  12. ireland scores the first goal