1. I was curious what would be the most interesting and unique ZooTv shows. I'm thinking where rare songs were played or any interesting on stage incidents that might have happened.
  2. 1992-05-24: Donauinsel - Vienna, Austria
    This was the first outdoor gig on Zoo TV and first in Austria even though on that leg of the tour all the gigs were indoors and Axl Rose turned up to sing Knockin on Heaven's door which was pretty unique.
  3. two you might find interest in, both because of bullet the blue sky:

atlanta 5th march 1992, the only zoo tv version (that i've encountered) with two solos
    toronto 24th march 1992, only time (once again, that i've heard) where bono counts to 500 in the spoken word section, as well as having a super unique and amazing solo

theres also other minor cool things around both, for example atlanta has one of the few times not fade away was snippetted on zoo tv
  4. In terms of Setlist choices the 11&12/08/93 in London are the only shows of the tour where both Zooropa and Babyface are played in the same show. Both were rarities in general on the tour 3 and 5 times played respectively.
  5. Originally posted by carbide:two you might find interest in, both because of bullet the blue sky:

atlanta 5th march 1992, the only zoo tv version (that i've encountered) with two solos
    toronto 24th march 1992, only time (once again, that i've heard) where bono counts to 500 in the spoken word section, as well as having a super unique and amazing solo

theres also other minor cool things around both, for example atlanta has one of the few times not fade away was snippetted on zoo tv
    Ooooh 2 solos in Bullet. Presumably the studio one and the Zoo TV one?

Might go download it tbh
  6. Kiel. Smallest venue on the entire tour. Super energetic crowd. Bono replacing verses in Bad with lines from Walk To the Water.
  7. Thanks for the info. I'll definitely have to check these out.
  8. It’s filthy good. The whole show is amazing.
  9. I just listened to that version of Bullet from Atlanta, it sounds a bit of a mess in all honesty. The first solo sounds like Edge isn’t getting the sound he wants out of the guitar and then at the end I think it’s an attempt to make up for the performance going wrong by playing another solo which is a bit underwhelming as well. I prefer just a standard zoo tv Bullet over the Atlanta one.
  10. Originally posted by deanallison:I just listened to that version of Bullet from Atlanta, it sounds a bit of a mess in all honesty. The first solo sounds like Edge isn’t getting the sound he wants out of the guitar and then at the end I think it’s an attempt to make up for the performance going wrong by playing another solo which is a bit underwhelming as well. I prefer just a standard zoo tv Bullet over the Atlanta one.
    It’s these details that make a show stand out. Something similar happens during Wild Horses. Bono brings the bridge round again then Edge belts out a wonderful solo.
  11. Originally posted by germcevoy:[..]
    It’s these details that make a show stand out. Something similar happens during Wild Horses. Bono brings the bridge round again then Edge belts out a wonderful solo.
    It does stand out I’ll agree there but not in a good way imo. The solo is probably the best bit about Bullet especially live and for the edge not to really nail it isn’t a good thing. If he was to extend the solo or play 2 great solo’s that would make it stand out in a good way. Even planned alternative versions of songs make shows stand out, maybe not from other shows on the tour but compared to different tours. NYD in 2018, The Fly in 2001, Kite 2006, all examples of songs standing out. I don’t want a mistake to be the reason a performance stands out.
  12. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]
    It does stand out I’ll agree there but not in a good way imo. The solo is probably the best bit about Bullet especially live and for the edge not to really nail it isn’t a good thing. If he was to extend the solo or play 2 great solo’s that would make it stand out in a good way. Even planned alternative versions of songs make shows stand out, maybe not from other shows on the tour but compared to different tours. NYD in 2018, The Fly in 2001, Kite 2006, all examples of songs standing out. I don’t want a mistake to be the reason a performance stands out.
    Well the OP is asking exactly for that: shows that stand out for "on-stage incidents" (sic). That includes extraordinary (=out of the ordinary) performances. Having two solos is certainly extraordinary, whether they're great or crap