1. Globally, War is a very consistent album, from the first second to the last one. I put this album in my top 3.

1 AB
    2 JT
    3 War

4 Zooropa
    5 TUF
    6 Boy
    7 Pop
    8 R&H
    9 Passengers
    10 All That
    11 October
    12 SOI
    13 SOE
    14 No Line
    15 Atomic Bomb
  2. I have a very conflictual relationship with War because I don't really like how it sounds so I don't listen to it very often but I obviously know that it has some great songs on it (not only Sunday Bloody Sunday, not only New Year's Day). If I had to put it in my album ranking it would probably go in the low part...
    I'm not writing my album ranking though, 'cause I know it wouldn'be appreciated :-)
  3. Originally posted by pleasegone:These Ultimate Classic Rock lists are so poorly written, and obviously have no proofreader. They rank SOI as the "worst" album at # 14, but praise the first five songs as strong, and then Pop at #11 is pretty much labeled a terrible album. Huh? I've seen this on their lists before where something ranked really low is full of compliments, and something ranked much, much higher is trashed. Me or just about anyone else on U2start could make a much more intelligent list in their sleep blindfolded while being hit with a hammer.

Regardless of how it is written the list is fairly accurate as to how a lot of fans would rate the albums in order of preference.
  4. Originally posted by popmarter:[..]

Regardless of how it is written the list is fairly accurate as to how a lot of fans would rate the albums in order of preference.
    I don’t think it is accurate tbh not just based on my opinion but as you say the fans in general.
  5. Not sure if this adds anything to the conversation but if I could only have one album from the early era (1980-1983) I would take Under A Blood Red Sky over the three studio albums.
  6. Originally posted by RUMMY:Not sure if this adds anything to the conversation but if I could only have one album from the early era (1980-1983) I would take Under A Blood Red Sky over the three studio albums.
    There really isn’t that much missing from red rocks to make up the best of the early days. The full performance though that is. I’d take the Boy album over the cd version of under a blood red sky. But if I could have the full red rocks gig then I’d take that over the first 3 studio albums.
  7. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]
    There really isn’t that much missing from red rocks to make up the best of the early days. The full performance though that is. I’d take the Boy album over the cd version of under a blood red sky. But if I could have the full red rocks gig then I’d take that over the first 3 studio albums.
    It would be kind of cool if they released some very high-quality audio of the entire show. UABRS is fantastic (as I've already indicated) but I will concede it would have been even better with the inclusion of "Out Of Control" and "October" - if not all the tracks performed, of course!