1. Couldn’t agree more about 2019 vs 2017.
  2. 2019 TJT was better than 2017 TJT but that is a low bar. The tour was the absolute low point for the band imo. Nothing more than a LYV cash grab.

Was I thrilled to hear some rare and unplayed JT tracks? - of course! Had it been done in the context of a one-off show it would have been cool and unique. As it was they looked and sounded like everything they swore they’d never become as a live band.

Once a band stops touring new music, they should stop touring. Just my humble opinion.
  3. Originally posted by ap5:2019 TJT was better than 2017 TJT but that is a low bar. The tour was the absolute low point for the band imo. Nothing more than a LYV cash grab.

Was I thrilled to hear some rare and unplayed JT tracks? - of course! Had it been done in the context of a one-off show it would have been cool and unique. As it was they looked and sounded like everything they swore they’d never become as a live band.

Once a band stops touring new music, they should stop touring. Just my humble opinion.
    A one off show would have likely been impossible to get tickets for, it’s a tour I’m glad I actually got to attend and hear the songs in person. For that it will always be a positive tour for me, in fact one of their better ones imo. I actually agree with that when a band stops touring new music they should stop touring. Thankfully u2 haven’t done that yet as they showed one year later with E&I.
  4. Sunday Bloody Sunday
    I Will Follow
    A Sort of Homecoming
    Bad
    Pride
    TJT songs
    Encore
    Desire
    Angel of Harlem
    Every Breaking Wave
    Love is Bigger
    Even Better Than The Real Thing
    One
  5. Originally posted by ConorMac93:Sunday Bloody Sunday
    I Will Follow
    A Sort of Homecoming
    Bad
    Pride
    TJT songs
    Encore
    Desire
    Angel of Harlem
    Every Breaking Wave
    Love is Bigger
    Even Better Than The Real Thing
    One
    Begging for 40 but this is about the best of what is realistic.
  6. Realistic regarding number of songs and keeping a chronological order for all of them, which is far from easy to do (but something I wished they'd gone for with the JT setlists, would have been much more interesting than those trainwreck encores they played).
  7. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]
    A one off show would have likely been impossible to get tickets for, it’s a tour I’m glad I actually got to attend and hear the songs in person. For that it will always be a positive tour for me, in fact one of their better ones imo. I actually agree with that when a band stops touring new music they should stop touring. Thankfully u2 haven’t done that yet as they showed one year later with E&I.
    I get where people are coming from with the negative thoughts about the JT2017/19 tours but I gotta admit I have A LOT of fun at the show I attended and am so thankful that I got to witness all of those "Side B" songs.

Bring on ZooTV30 in 2022!
  8. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    Realistic regarding number of songs and keeping a chronological order for all of them, which is far from easy to do (but something I wished they'd gone for with the JT setlists, would have been much more interesting than those trainwreck encores they played).
    The 2019 encores were good
  9. Not sure I like IWF starting a show either. It's better in the 2-4th slot.
  10. I still think an E&I style version of Pride could have been a great way to start the 2019 shows.
  11. SBS
    Out Of Control
    Gloria
    Bad
    Pride

Joshua Tree

Zoo Station
    The Fly
    One
    Ultra Violet
    Discotheque
    Beautiful Day
    Every Breaking Wave (electric)
    Little Things
    I Will Follow
  12. Joshua Tree Setlist

Elevation
    Vertigo
    I Will Follow
    Gloria / Van Morrison's Gloria
    Iris (Hold Me Close)
    Kite
    Stay (Faraway So Close)
    Song For Someone
    The Unforgettable Fire
    Sunday Bloody Sunday
    Bad
    Pride (In The Name of Love)

Joshua Tree Set
    Where The Streets Have No Name / California (There Is No End To Love)
    I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
    With or Without You / Shine Like Stars / Love Will Tear Us Apart
    Bullet The Blue Sky / The Star Spangled Banner
    Running To Stand Still
    Red Hill Mining Town
    In God's Country
    Trip Through Your Wires
    One Tree Hill
    Exit / Wiseblood / Eeenie Meenie Mienie Moe
    Mothers of The Disappeared / El Pueblo Vencera

Encore 1:
    Angel of Harlem