1. Alice in Chains, Pearl Jam, The Cure, Eric Clapton all epic MTV Unplugged episodes.

I'm good with U2 releasing an acoustic album. Bring it on! Now to sit through a 130 minute U2 show where 50 minutes are acoustic....not so much...
  2. You’re the best thing about me acoustic was solid in 2018

3. Acoustic with all 4 is great not when it's just Bono and Edge, Angel Of Harlem and Stay from Zoo TV Sydney was fantastic and highlights of the gig for me I wouldn't mind more of that .
  4. Of course there are exceptions, Nirvana got it right.

you're the best thing about me in 2018 was simply the right song, it connected with the public as much as I expected. Stay on ZooTV also a hit including larry and adam, then hated bono and edge alone, playing that song themselves. I would have loved if they had kept that version of Zoo.
  5. anyway I'll be open to give them a listen if they do, maybe they'll shut my mouth and say "we're not what you expected, kid"
  6. Playing songs acoustic on Unplugged used to be a 'test' of the quality of a group's songs.
  7. As far as acoustic goes…they don’t have the melodies. Never had
  8. That’s just it, isn’t it? This is not a knock against them but the band have always (usually) relied on the sounds that come fro their instruments being “plugged in” - and Bono’s soaring voice during their choruses, of course.
  9. Originally posted by RUMMY:[..]
    That’s just it, isn’t it? This is not a knock against them but the band have always (usually) relied on the sounds that come fro their instruments being “plugged in” - and Bono’s soaring voice during their choruses, of course.
    Exactly
  10. I love their acoustic releases. Maybe I’m the only one, but I would definitely love an acoustic concert from them if they ever went that route
  11. Originally posted by Cgmorgan1986:I love their acoustic releases. Maybe I’m the only one, but I would definitely love an acoustic concert from them if they ever went that route
    Edit: it would need to be all four of them