1. U2 love playing South America. Those audiences are so passionate and responsive, compared to a place like Kansas. When the next tour occurs, South America will definitely be a part of it!
  2. No way is U2 a legacy act compared to most bands their age. The JT30 does not put them in that category - it was a tour to celebrate one of their seminal albums and not a lifetime sentence. They promoted their new album immediately the follow year. They are still “trying” (with varying results, I admit) and staying true to themselves. However, if one disagrees, fine. They’ve done enough for music in 40 years and have cemented their… legacy.
  3. The last time I saw U2 was Chicago 2018. They played 9 songs from SOE, as well as 2 from SOI. So half the set was new songs. They also playing nothing from their most popular album. And at least one of those old songs was a very deep cut that had never been played live before in its prior 26 years of existence. And it was still a great show!!!

You don’t get that from Aerosmith, Rolling Stones, etc. They’re definitely NOT a nostalgia act.
  4. I didn’t really ever want an AB30 Tour, per se. I would much rather have a new album/tour. But I was really excited about the possibility of finally seeing Edge play that guitar solo of LIB in person. That solo from the Sydney concert was what made me want to start playing guitar in the first place!
  5. I'd love an Achtung Baby tour - no need for a ZooTV rehash (unless it looked very different), however. Bono should probably drop the alter egos, at least.

6. Use this one if you ask me
  7. Originally posted by u2wanderer1:[..]
    Oh. And the SOE tour was initially pushed back because they knew it would be a struggle to finish album. At the end of July 2016 they were looking at shifting it from an October start to an April 2017 start instead, and had worked out a new itinerary for an arena tour. So they looked at pushing the tour back and then a few weeks later decided to push it back further.

Media was notified the album was not coming in 2016 on August 18, 2016. They were asked to pull prepared stories about the album release at that time.

thanks for this breakdown. very very interesting.
    The original arena tour with dates was set for Oct 2016.... despite the album itself only being released Oct 31 2016. So a tour beginning, before the album even out. wow
  8. Maybe a tour called "Achtung Baby 35th Anniversary Live Tour" or around the lp itself would be too much after doing The Joshua Tree "anniversary" I wouldn't have minded if they had changed it for an Achtung Baby "25 anniversary" tour, either because the "30 anniversary" would have been very difficult.
    I think it would be nice if someday-somedays (not too many) they played Achtung Baby in full live. And if you can hear or see it again with good quality, even better. It's a lot to wish for, I think.