1. I can't wait for the 5th anniversary tour of the 30th anniversary of Achtung Baby
  2. Originally posted by LostSailor:[..]

WOW! I really hope U2 is feverishly working right now to meet all of your demands for their next tour, album, or project. If they can't they just may say fuck it, we can't please RealEdge so we are going to pack it it in and retire...

How about this?

If you don't like U2s new music don't purchase it.

If you don't like their next tour, don't go.

Easy enough.

wow - you're a genius
  3. I don't get the doom and gloom aspect of 'It will probably be their last tour' or they shouldn't tour?

Look at Springsteen or the Rolling Stones. Especially the Stones, they've done 4 tours in 8 years. Obviously it may be different going forward following the death of Charlie Watts, even Springsteen, he's toured 3 times in the last 10 or so years. Springsteen toured the world in 2016/2017 as he'd reissued the River album, it wasn't new music then and that tour was immensly popular.

I'd love U2 to tour even without new music. Seeing U2 on tour is incredible, seeing a great city, catching up with friends and going to the shows. It's great, i don't get why people wouldn't want them to tour.
  4. Originally posted by CraigFairlie:I don't get the doom and gloom aspect of 'It will probably be their last tour' or they shouldn't tour?

Look at Springsteen or the Rolling Stones. Especially the Stones, they've done 4 tours in 8 years. Obviously it may be different going forward following the death of Charlie Watts, even Springsteen, he's toured 3 times in the last 10 or so years. Springsteen toured the world in 2016/2017 as he'd reissued the River album, it wasn't new music then and that tour was immensly popular.

I'd love U2 to tour even without new music. Seeing U2 on tour is incredible, seeing a great city, catching up with friends and going to the shows. It's great, i don't get why people wouldn't want them to tour.
    Here’s my theory. The people who don’t want the band to tour again or too much again are probably people who would still go and see them out of an addiction to seeing the band almost. So if the band didn’t tour it would be easier for them, they wouldn’t be ‘forced into’ seeing them.
  5. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]
    Here’s my theory. The people who don’t want the band to tour again or too much again are probably people who would still go and see them out of an addiction to seeing the band almost. So if the band didn’t tour it would be easier for them, they wouldn’t be ‘forced into’ seeing them.
    It's a good theory.
  6. That is spot on!
  7. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]
    Huh? Nobody is saying they don't want the band to tour again. If somebody ever thought they were a novelty act or otherwise, of course they'd want to see them again. It's not a "theory" at all. There's no point in bending the point to satisfy your argument. There's not even a point in getting defensive. Realise you're on a U2 forum where there's meant to be an element of being like-minded. It's not us and them.
  8. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]
    Who doesn’t want the band to tour gain? I haven’t met that fan yet.
  9. You obviously don’t read around the forums or look on fan pages very often then because I’ve seen a few people that want the band to finish up already for very soon. So my theory is very much a reasonable one Kieran whether you want to believe it or not. There are people that have followed the band their whole lives that would continue to despite not really wanting them to carry on I think as a bit of an addiction. I’ve got more facts to back that up based on what people say and the fact they still see the band than you do to suggest the opposite.

10. Just one example on this very thread and I’ve read several examples over the years. I don’t need to bend any point to satisfy my argument. Fans complain about the band being finished or past their best, wanting them to stop, and then still go and see them.
  11. Originally posted by deanallison:You obviously don’t read around the forums or look on fan pages very often then because I’ve seen a few people that want the band to finish up already for very soon. So my theory is very much a reasonable one Kieran whether you want to believe it or not. There are people that have followed the band their whole lives that would continue to despite not really wanting them to carry on I think as a bit of an addiction. I’ve got more facts to back that up based on what people say and the fact they still see the band than you do to suggest the opposite.
    You don't need to be patronising Dean. Some people have different views in life, it's time you appreciate that.

Give me your "facts" and let's talk.