1. Originally posted by germcevoy:[..]
    Crazy. The only people noticing timing issues are people who know the song inside out. Lovely performance for me and Bono’s vocals are better than any performance he managed throughout 2000/2001.

It’s the most noticeable timing issue you could possibly come across though, hardly subtle and they performed the song better several times afterwards. Weakest performance of the song imo.
  2. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]

It’s the most noticeable timing issue you could possibly come across though, hardly subtle and they performed the song better several times afterwards. Weakest performance of the song imo.
    Nitpicking. These are the types of performances that we don’t have anywhere near enough of. Just on the cusp of being the biggest band on the planet again. You can sense the nervousness and vulnerability yet they still perform an unknown song. Sometimes they technical aspect of a performance just isn’t as important.
  3. Originally posted by germcevoy:[..]
    Nitpicking. These are the types of performances that we don’t have anywhere near enough of. Just on the cusp of being the biggest band on the planet again. You can sense the nervousness and vulnerability yet they still perform an unknown song. Sometimes they technical aspect of a performance just isn’t as important.
    How is it nitpicking? It’s literally one of the most obvious timing errors you’ll hear for an acoustic performance anyway. Any worse you’d be talking songs with backing tracks. I don’t know how you seem to be such a fan of performances that are quite frankly weaker, not just weaker to my liking but technically weaker as the song is being sung out of time. To each their own but you can’t tell me I’m nitpicking to point out a blatantly obvious error.
  4. Hilarious how worked up people get about a mistake.
  5. Who says I’m worked up? I just don’t rate the performance as highly as pretty much all other performances of the song because of a blatant error and entirely disagree with the idea I’m ‘nitpicking’. Sounds like a few other people are getting more worked up about me pointing out a blatant error.

6. This isn’t being developed to tie in with a tour / album. Those should both happen before this Netflix thing ever doesz
  7. Knowing u2, it will be 2030. I prefer the JT film
  8. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]
    Who says I’m worked up? I just don’t rate the performance as highly as pretty much all other performances of the song because of a blatant error and entirely disagree with the idea I’m ‘nitpicking’. Sounds like a few other people are getting more worked up about me pointing out a blatant error.
    You're worked up because you're using hyperbole to put your point across by saying "it's one of the most obvious timing errors you'll hear for an acoustic performance." Sometimes you need to give benefit of the doubt and balance recognising the error with the spontaneity and intimacy of the performance. But you're not a fan of that version, fair enough. We're just as entitled as you are to state how we perceive the imperfections.
  9. Originally posted by KieranU2:[..]
    You're worked up because you're using hyperbole to put your point across by saying "it's one of the most obvious timing errors you'll hear for an acoustic performance." Sometimes you need to give benefit of the doubt and balance recognising the error with the spontaneity and intimacy of the performance. But you're not a fan of that version, fair enough. We're just as entitled as you are to state how we perceive the imperfections.
    You’re not in a position to say I’m getting worked up I’m afraid. I’ve merely pointed out an obvious timing error. Recognising other factors is fine but it doesn’t take away from the facts that I pointed out. That isn’t me getting worked up about anything. As I’ve said if people like the imperfections I find it strange but that’s fine but to suggest I’m nitpicking as was said earlier when the error is so obvious is a bit silly. To suggest I’m getting worked up when I’m merely pointing out a fact is a bit silly as well. Just to be clear I’m not saying it’s a fact that the imperfection makes it poor or anything, saying it’s poor is my opinion, but the mistake itself is factual and obvious that’s all I’m saying and that’s all I’m pointing out.
  10. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]
    You’re not in a position to say I’m getting worked up I’m afraid. I’ve merely pointed out an obvious timing error. Recognising other factors is fine but it doesn’t take away from the facts that I pointed out. That isn’t me getting worked up about anything. As I’ve said if people like the imperfections I find it strange but that’s fine but to suggest I’m nitpicking as was said earlier when the error is so obvious is a bit silly. To suggest I’m getting worked up when I’m merely pointing out a fact is a bit silly as well. Just to be clear I’m not saying it’s a fact that the imperfection makes it poor or anything, saying it’s poor is my opinion, but the mistake itself is factual and obvious that’s all I’m saying and that’s all I’m pointing out.
    Just you banging on about it, saying I'm not a position to state that and giving us bible-length explanations suggests you're getting worked up about it. You might want to re-read the last two pages to reassess. If not, you're beyond reach.
  11. Do you know the definition of getting worked up? I’d suggest you google it or look up the dictionary. You really don’t know me if you think it causes me any sort of emotional high or low to sit and point out something I’m being questioned on. Look back yourself if it helps. My comment was called crazy, told I was getting worked up and I was said to be nitpicking all because of stating my opinion, that’s some more facts for you. You should always fact check before having a go at someone there’s some free advice for you.