1. The GA line will be replaced with Lucky Dip. Put your name down and then you are randomly given a number by a computer
  2. Ha ha. Long gone are the days (and nights) where you had to camp outside a ticketing agency store hoping to secure tickets before they sold out or hoping that another show would be added by the time you reached the front of the queue. Now every mobile phone, laptop and iPad is a virtual outlet.
  3. I remember when tickets went on sale for the Dortmund shows in 1992 I went directly to the Westfalenhalle, because they had a ticket outlet there. There was a limit for how many tickets you could buy per person. So I spoke to others in the queue who needed only 2 of the 4 you were allowed to buy to get them to buy tickets for my friends and give them to me in exchange for face value.

For Gent in 1992 I ordered via Propaganda. You had a form to fill out and could only buy two tickets for one show you chose, if I remember correctly. You had to send them a cheque along with the form and got you tickets via mail.
  4. Originally posted by Papo:You had a form to fill out and could only buy two tickets for one show you chose, if I remember correctly. You had to send them a cheque along with the form and got you tickets via mail.
    Haha so much for payment safety eh? Incredible stories. Unthinkable today.
  5. You could also send £, via registered mail, if I remember correctly. Will check if I have a copy of that form.
  6. Originally posted by Papo:I remember when tickets went on sale for the Dortmund shows in 1992 I went directly to the Westfalenhalle, because they had a ticket outlet there. There was a limit for how many tickets you could buy per person. So I spoke to others in the queue who needed only 2 of the 4 you were allowed to buy to get them to buy tickets for my friends and give them to me in exchange for face value.

For Gent in 1992 I ordered via Propaganda. You had a form to fill out and could only buy two tickets for one show you chose, if I remember correctly. You had to send them a cheque along with the form and got you tickets via mail.
    I got tickets for the first Slane show in 2001 by sending a cheque off to Propaganda 👍
  7. I remember phoning up a venue on the afternoon of a Nirvana show and being told "Sorry we sold out weeks ago but..the promoter has put a 100 tickets at the front door. If you can get here now and get in the queue, you'll get a ticket". Straight on the train and first in the queue!
  8. What Nirvana show was that? Did it materialize?
  9. Thanks for sharing. I thought it might have been one of the 93/94 shows/cancelled shows.