1. Has anyone achieved the MW sound without the Korg hardware, so just with DAW settings/vitrual amps/plugins?
  2. The simple answer is: NO. However...

The AutoWah in Korg A2/A3 is absolutely unique and essential for the MW sound. Other AutoWah effects just don't do the job. Not at all. I bought the BOSS Dynamic Wah before I managed to get the A2 unit and the BOSS is absoulutely useless.

There is however one pedal, that comes pretty close - the Emma DiscumBobulator. I have no idea, whether it still can be bought. I have never used it, only know it from youtube:

3. If you have a Korg a2/3, and you have the presets downloaded or loaded from the Spc, you just need to pull up preset 76 and the sound is there.

The only other convincing alternative is the axe fx which the edge has been using since 2015 and U2 tributes are using. On the axe fx 3, it’s absolutely convincing and you wouldn’t notice differences in a performance.
  4. Thanks, saw someone come quite close with a combo of pedals though. Think it was compressor, flanger, envelope filter and a bit of distortion. Not sure if it was in that order though. Logic/GB has an Auto-wah setting but that doesn't really come close (I tried it )

5. does anyone know this guy? messaged him before and never heard anything back . and he's ignored all comments asking about his settings over the last decade i've noticed.

this is my all-time favourite!! perfect in-between of studio and live for me. so so good and i really struggle to get it sounding anywhere near as good
  6. ps . thanks for advice and links in other replies
  7. Originally posted by Lemon:[YouTube Video]

does anyone know this guy? messaged him before and never heard anything back . and he's ignored all comments asking about his settings over the last decade i've noticed.

this is my all-time favourite!! perfect in-between of studio and live for me. so so good and i really struggle to get it sounding anywhere near as good
    That sounds epic indeed. Don't know him and don't have a Korg A3 myself so I'm still on a quest to get that sound with a combo of virtual pedals.

This guy did it with hardware pedals. It's not as good as the guy above but he comes somewhat close:

8. Originally posted by melon51:[..]
    That sounds epic indeed. Don't know him and don't have a Korg A3 myself so I'm still on a quest to get that sound with a combo of virtual pedals.

This guy did it with hardware pedals. It's not as good as the guy above but he comes somewhat close:

[YouTube Video]
    Impressive, as usual with john. I get the feeling the tone is somewhat muffled by the amp and/or the recording (which is distorted too), but with the right recording setup it can get preeeeeeetty close.