1. Second night of EI tour I was expecting Wild Horses

Left sad
  2. Originally posted by SJKamal:If something is performed live surely they would have to count it regardless if its an intermission or not? How can it even be an intermission if the band are still performing?

The band weren’t performing it was just the vocals that were live. Love is all we have left was the same except Bono was on stage, so I don’t know if a band member being on stage is important to whether it counts or not on u2gigs.
  3. Vocals were still live some a member of the band was performing? I guess it depends whether it matters if they can be seen or not.
  4. Originally posted by SJKamal:Vocals were still live some a member of the band was performing? I guess it depends whether it matters if they can be seen or not.
    Yeah well they count some tv appearances where the music has been pre recorded and only the vocals are live so it must be to do with the band being on the stage.
  5. I was at an Elevation show that did not feature With or Without You (Montreal), and also a 360 show that didn't have Moment of Surrender (Winnipeg). Both were in the "shocking" catagory, rather than just noticing "oh they didn't play I Will Follow/Pride tonight"
  6. Originally posted by marik:I was at an Elevation show that did not feature With or Without You (Montreal), and also a 360 show that didn't have Moment of Surrender (Winnipeg). Both were in the "shocking" catagory, rather than just noticing "oh they didn't play I Will Follow/Pride tonight"
    I think it’s a good shout to open it up to they sort of omissions as well. Songs that were played just about all tour but then missed maybe 1 or 2 shows. Magnificent was mentioned as well on the first post after mine. That is quite a good one too in that category, it didn’t miss a lot of 360 shows, more than 1 or 2 but not many. I can think of 1 or 2 others of the top of my head from different tours but I’m keen just to see what other members experiences and lists are like rather than just me listing them.
  7. another interesting off-shoot Id be curious about is- rare OPENERS or CLOSERS you saw live?
    We can all look up all the different abnomalies, like Beautiful Day in Notre Dame, so I'm not looking to just comply a list. But more, what you thought of the experience.

Like With or Without You closing Winnipeg 360 worked well cuz WOWY being a well known fan fav sing along ballad. The only disapointment was the hardcore fan that knew the setlist, and realized they were losing a new song. But if anything, WOWY left fans with a feel good smile on their face walking out, more so than the mostly-unknown (yet still good) song MOS.
    Another I witnessed was Love of Peace open Seattle Vertigo. Very cool to be in pitch dark, hear all these weird swirling noises, and all of a sudden 4 floodlights spotted walking around the ellipse ramp (each band member had a hand light, as they walked around it). Cool in that it had a darker vibe, not imo not as memorable overall as the celebratory opening of COBL with Bono suddenly appearing at the tip of ellipse with confetti raining down. Now that im thinking about it, that is actually a very underrated Opening not mentioned much as it deserves.

Sorry to derail subject. .... but maybe Openings themselves need their own discussion (static interference, boxer walk-out, house lights on, confetti rain, drum solo, swinging lightbulb, drum solo#2, inside screen) hmmmm
  8. The second night at Foxboro for 360 they didn’t play Breathe, so they opened with Magnificent instead. Wasn’t expecting that. I think they experimented with a new opener on that leg at that show and never attempted it again in 2009. Or maybe they tried to do a new opener for the second night shows and for some reason they botched that idea. 🤷🏻‍♂️
  9. Well they played Vertigo twice for the first time at (2005-04-25-Seattle) which I believe that means they omitted Yahweh and 40.
  10. Originally posted by marik:another interesting off-shoot Id be curious about is- rare OPENERS or CLOSERS you saw live?
    We can all look up all the different abnomalies, like Beautiful Day in Notre Dame, so I'm not looking to just comply a list. But more, what you thought of the experience.

Like With or Without You closing Winnipeg 360 worked well cuz WOWY being a well known fan fav sing along ballad. The only disapointment was the hardcore fan that knew the setlist, and realized they were losing a new song. But if anything, WOWY left fans with a feel good smile on their face walking out, more so than the mostly-unknown (yet still good) song MOS.
    Another I witnessed was Love of Peace open Seattle Vertigo. Very cool to be in pitch dark, hear all these weird swirling noises, and all of a sudden 4 floodlights spotted walking around the ellipse ramp (each band member had a hand light, as they walked around it). Cool in that it had a darker vibe, not imo not as memorable overall as the celebratory opening of COBL with Bono suddenly appearing at the tip of ellipse with confetti raining down. Now that im thinking about it, that is actually a very underrated Opening not mentioned much as it deserves.

Sorry to derail subject. .... but maybe Openings themselves need their own discussion (static interference, boxer walk-out, house lights on, confetti rain, drum solo, swinging lightbulb, drum solo#2, inside screen) hmmmm
    I like all that stuff as well so derail as much as you like. Could be a Setlist surprises thread in general and open it up to more things, don’t want to limit it as it’s interesting to hear little facts and how it made people react.
  11. Will never forget seeing them play “40”, Boston July 10th 2015. I guess it wasn’t on the actual setlist but they played for someone if I recall.