1. Originally posted by kris_smith87:[..]
    Yeah but what about these songs being added to certain playlists on Apple Music and Spotify? A casual fan would more likely hear the hit and say “I know this song but it’s a bit different!” and maybe they add it to a playlist of their own. Or stream the original.
    I don’t think many fans will do that, the reaction hasn’t been good, people aren’t seeing these as just different but rather inferior versions. Obviously that doesn’t speak for everyone, some people will enjoy it and some will like them as alternative versions, extremely small numbers though. I think a lesser known song had more potential to get their proper fans onside a bit more. This release as a whole is looking set to become the most pointless and least appreciated in the bands catalogue by a long way.
  2. "SOS, I don't believe your Bad"

""Guilty before given a chance, man!".
  3. You know how with their more recent albums fans have been saying “the songs are growing on me”? These SOS singles aren’t growing on me and I consider myself a diehard fan. If these doesn’t capture me after 10 listens, I don’t think the average radio listener or “I kind of like u2” fan will really care about SOS.
  4. "SOS, I don't believe your Bad"

""Guilty before given a chance, man!"

Good one!

Although, wasn't Bono dead wrong about that, too?

Turns out MJ was pretty bad.
  5. Was listening to the snippets on TikTok, and I'm getting hyped. The songs are not better than the original, but I really like the lay back vibe
  6. a bit later....

"Goodbye Michael, i hope they give you Auschwitz"
  7. If you're going to quote Macphisto, do it well:

"Goodbye Squidgy, I hope they give you Wales.
    Goodbye Michael.
    Goodbye all you neonazis... I hope they give you Auschwitz."
  8. oh yeah. well it was 30 years ago
  9. And that is only the quote because what Bono prewrote ("Goodbye Michael, I hope they give you your new penis") didn't feel good to him in the moment, so he cut it short.
  10. Try again, genius. Thats not what he said.