1. With 40 tracks there’s a lot of room for U2 to not just redo the hits here. I’m sure there will be some hits mixed in.

But it’s a chance to revisit some lesser known songs and give them a fresh perspective. “Luminous Times” is seen in some of the promotional art for the book launch but not yet confirmed to be on the album. “Out of Control” is the only one we know for sure…

Just guessing here…but “Stories for Boys” comes to mind. An early look at Bono’s life before the band? Surely there’s a chapter about Ali in there. (“Sweetest Thing”? “Song for Someone”?) Probably chapters about his kids. (“Kite”?) The loss of his dad (“Sometimes”?). Africa (“Where the Streets Have No Name”?) Wondering what other songs jump out for people when you think of moments in Bono’s life that are likely to make the book/album?
  2. All i want is you for Ali. One for the AB chapter.
  3. Originally posted by u2wanderer1:With 40 tracks there’s a lot of room for U2 to not just redo the hits here. I’m sure there will be some hits mixed in.

But it’s a chance to revisit some lesser known songs and give them a fresh perspective. “Luminous Times” is seen in some of the promotional art for the book launch but not yet confirmed to be on the album. “Out of Control” is the only one we know for sure…

Just guessing here…but “Stories for Boys” comes to mind. An early look at Bono’s life before the band? Surely there’s a chapter about Ali in there. (“Sweetest Thing”? “Song for Someone”?) Probably chapters about his kids. (“Kite”?) The loss of his dad (“Sometimes”?). Africa (“Where the Streets Have No Name”?) Wondering what other songs jump out for people when you think of moments in Bono’s life that are likely to make the book/album?
    Iris
    American Soul (would they re-do such a recent song?)
    North and South of the River (i'd LOVE to see this one)

Where is the promotional art for book launch viewable?
  4. I think the first single should be Out of Control.
  5. In would be a nice curveball if the preface was Street Missions or The Fool...
    I think the political songs will be well represented aa chapters such as Sunday Bloody Sunday, New Year's Day, Bullet the Blue Sky, and Please.
  6. Originally posted by LostSailor:In would be a nice curveball if the preface was Street Missions or The Fool...
    I think the political songs will be well represented aa chapters such as Sunday Bloody Sunday, New Year's Day, Bullet the Blue Sky, and Please.
    I’d love to see them pull out a few of the demos. They lived with those songs for a long time at the start of things.
  7. I would think Iris and Dirty Day would make appearances. So much to choose from
  8. Bad and his experience with Band Aid, then Live Aid and the immediate aftermath where he thought he’d fckd up really badly by leaving the stage. But then again that was covered in Eamon Dunphy’s Unforgettable Fire, so maybe not.

One Tree Hill - the first trip to New Zealand and his relationship with Greg Carroll
  9. —spam
  10. Could it be that this could be a bounty of material? Something like U218 in terms of vinyl, book, dvd etc? I think this has the makings of that. A healthy serving of U2.
  11. Originally posted by miryclay:Could it be that this could be a bounty of material? Something like U218 in terms of vinyl, book, dvd etc? I think this has the makings of that. A healthy serving of U2.
    - There’s the 40 tracks done for Songs of Surrender which will come out in various formats (digital, vinyl, CD)
    - the audio book read by Bono which is listed at 12hr (that is an estimate, final run time is still to be determined)
    - the book itself
    - at least one single is likely. At least one song with new vocals has been sent out to DJs for remixes etc at this point. If that goes well there may be more.

There’s also the videos being created for promo. “Out of Control” with Bono reading was the first. I suspect they’ll just be offered via YouTube, as the market seems to have fallen out of the music video on DVD market. I don’t think the full book will be done that way.