1. Yeah, I think we’ll start to get more news soon.

Remember the photoshoot the band did in a pool in 2019? Are we thinking the photos could be used for promotional material for the album or even the album cover?
  2. Originally posted by trainfanjacob8:Yeah, I think we’ll start to get more news soon.

Remember the photoshoot the band did in a pool in 2019? Are we thinking the photos could be used for promotional material for the album or even the album cover?
    They did a bunch of photoshoots on that tour with Anton. The pool in India was one of them. They also did one in Tokyo, and another in Seoul.

3. Should be mid-late August for an announcement. Only a few weeks at this point.

4. I don’t know about definite’s but I’d feel quite confident about these picks

I will follow
    Out of control
    Gloria
    Sunday Bloody Sunday
    New Year’s Day
    Pride
    Bad
    Where the streets have no name
    I still haven’t found what I’m looking for
    With or without you
    Bullet the blue sky
    Running to stand still
    Luminous times
    Heartland
    Angel of Harlem
    All I want is you
    One
    Until the end of the world
    Stay
    Staring at the sun
    Please
    Beautiful day
    Stuck In a moment
    City of blinding lights
    Sometimes you can’t make it on your own
    Moment of surrender

I don’t think they’ll touch the last 2 albums as they are already ‘songs of’. I’m thinking songs that have some obvious story or meaning to them. Luminous times might seem left field if you haven’t looked into u2songs updates about the promo artwork. Think we could get another 2 or 3 surprises (so cruel possibly?) and the rest more predictable.
  5. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]

I don’t know about definite’s but I’d feel quite confident about these picks

I will follow
    Out of control
    Gloria
    Sunday Bloody Sunday
    New Year’s Day
    Pride
    Bad
    With or without you
    Bullet the blue sky
    Running to stand still
    Luminous times
    Heartland
    Angel of Harlem
    All I want is you
    One
    Stay
    Staring at the sun
    Please
    Beautiful day
    Stuck In a moment
    City of blinding lights
    Moment of surrender

I don’t think they’ll touch the last 2 albums as they are already ‘songs of’. I’m thinking songs that have some obvious story or meaning to them. Luminous times might seem left field if you haven’t looked into u2songs updates about the promo artwork. Think we could get another 2 or 3 surprises (so cruel possibly?) and the rest more predictable.
    Walk On and Surrender may be a possibility too? Not sure which ones they could be instead of?
  6. I only listed 27 songs so there’s still room for walk on and surrender. I was thinking walk on and then wondered would he want to bring up the whole Ahn Saan Su Kyi thing. He could talk about the song and side step that stuff but would he feel comfortable doing that either? I don’t know.
  7. Just a thought, I'm assuming The Joshua Tree 2017 film has been scrapped? Don't really see the point or the appeal in releasing it now - 5 years on? On that basis, I wonder if that version of Heartland or a studio version of that style will be on the Songs of Surrender album?
  8. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]
    I only listed 27 songs so there’s still room for walk on and surrender. I was thinking walk on and then wondered would he want to bring up the whole Ahn Saan Su Kyi thing. He could talk about the song and side step that stuff but would he feel comfortable doing that either? I don’t know.
    I was kind of thinking the reworked version that they did for Ukraine (for what it's worth, I hope it isn't) or they could use it to refer to the pandemic?

Kind of similar to how they went about it for The Late Late Show during the pandemic? Though the lyrics weren't touched

9. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]

I don’t know about definite’s but I’d feel quite confident about these picks

I will follow
    Out of control
    Gloria
    Sunday Bloody Sunday
    New Year’s Day
    Pride
    Bad
    With or without you
    Bullet the blue sky
    Running to stand still
    Luminous times
    Heartland
    Angel of Harlem
    All I want is you
    One
    Stay
    Staring at the sun
    Please
    Beautiful day
    Stuck In a moment
    City of blinding lights
    Moment of surrender

Stories For Boys is also a SOS!
  10. Originally posted by DMMacdonald:[..]
    I was kind of thinking the reworked version that they did for Ukraine (for what it's worth, I hope it isn't) or they could use it to refer to the pandemic?

Kind of similar to how they went about it for The Late Late Show during the pandemic? Though the lyrics weren't touched

[YouTube Video]
    I liked the acoustic version with the untouched lyrics, wouldn’t mind them doing an acoustic full band with orchestra version of that keep the lyrics as they are. He maybe could talk about the pandemic in the book amongst other things like when they performed it on the elevation tour leg 3. That coming together type thing. So maybe after all. I certainly wouldn’t rule it out entirely just never fancied it as a pick but maybe I’m being convinced.
  11. Definitely wouldn’t be opposed to them reworking that one but I don’t expect it to be included. Who knows.
  12. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]

It wouldn’t surprise me at all if they did another rework of Every Breaking Wave and The Best Thing for this. Iris thematically makes a lot of sense, though an extremely reworked version of Lemon or Mofo would be way cooler.

I think there’s a good chance The Fly makes it on there. It symbolizes an important transition in their career and it’s a song they’ve already experimented with over the years.