1. more boring shite.....
  2. Crazy thought.. U2 are releasing stripped down versions of old songs and new arrangements of old sings because this is the only way Bono can sing them live now.
  3. * songs
  4. Not sure if it’s an april fools joke or not….

If it’s not, I’m excited, I’m interested in the songs they will put on the album, hoping for an acoustic version of Elevation.
  5. So in other words,… U2 is releasing they’re crappy reimagination of songs this years which they’ve already been talking about. And U2songs is claiming the new album of new songs will drop early next year. There is no news.. and there is no new album until the band says they’re done with it. Knowing U2, they’ll release an album on December 31, 2023 at earliest.
  6. Originally posted by Monopoly:So in other words,… U2 is releasing they’re crappy reimagination of songs this years which they’ve already been talking about. And U2songs is claiming the new album of new songs will drop early next year. There is no news.. and there is no new album until the band says they’re done with it. Knowing U2, they’ll release an album on December 31, 2023 at earliest.
    U2songs has been a reliable source of info for many years. Yes the album release date is always subject to change, I don’t think u2songs would ever claim otherwise, even with the reworks they’ve said that but they’re simply reporting what the plan is just now and giving us a more specific release date for the reworks which we never knew before. You don’t need to check in for news on here or u2songs if you don’t want to hear it. But yes there is news, before today there was no date given for the reworks now there is and I might be wrong but I believe spring 2023 is a more specific release date for the brand new album as well so that’s news too. What news can you provide from reliable sources?
  7. Originally posted by DutchU2Fan:Not sure if it’s an april fools joke or not….

If it’s not, I’m excited, I’m interested in the songs they will put on the album, hoping for an acoustic version of Elevation.
    Is wishing for an acoustic version of Elevation an April Fools joke? Not one that I’d pick honestly. And in years we have done anything for April Fools we have always come clean about it later the same day. Usually wait until about noon on the West Coast.
  8. Elevation acoustic is going to be a mind bend!
  9. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]
    U2songs has been a reliable source of info for many years. Yes the album release date is always subject to change, I don’t think u2songs would ever claim otherwise, even with the reworks they’ve said that but they’re simply reporting what the plan is just now and giving us a more specific release date for the reworks which we never knew before. You don’t need to check in for news on here or u2songs if you don’t want to hear it. But yes there is news, before today there was no date given for the reworks now there is and I might be wrong but I believe spring 2023 is a more specific release date for the brand new album as well so that’s news too. What news can you provide from reliable sources?
    My reliable sources are U2. When they announce something, it’s real. When they announce tour dates, I’m in the same presale as all the other fans who’ve been following “rumors” for years. There is never a definitive album release until it happens.
  10. Originally posted by Monopoly:[..]
    My reliable sources are U2. When they announce something, it’s real. When they announce tour dates, I’m in the same presale as all the other fans who’ve been following “rumors” for years. There is never a definitive album release until it happens.
    So you don’t have any reliable sources prior to an official announcement is what your saying. That’s what I suspected. U2songs are great, they told us about TJT 2019 tour almost a year before it happened. Time for saving and then dates started coming up, you could book refundable hotels etc in preparation, plan ahead a bit. I don’t know what rumours you follow but I just stick to the reliable ones like u2songs. I hope you do at least come back and hold your hands up when u2songs information turns out to be accurate. Danial gowans ( a member of u2start) was adamant a JT2019 tour wasn’t happening, no chance and he at least came back and held his hands up. Still got stick because he was mocking people who believed in the reliable rumours but he came back and accepted he was wrong so hopefully you’ll do the same in 7 and a half months time or when U2.com announce all the details that match up.
  11. I still don't fully believe it, I'm like in a limbo. This news was so unexpected and it was also on April 1
  12. anyway adam has confirmed the existence of this "album" so it's real, whether they decide to release it or not that's up to the band, who knows if it ends up as Song's of Ascent