1. Helene Fischer manages that a concert played on August 20, 2022 will be released on blu-ray disc on October 14 this year. And that in less than 2 months. This is a very good release for the period.
  2. Originally posted by EthanD:Yeah I guess the horse has well and truly bolted at this point. But I don't see the point in going to the lengths they did to make it and then just not worry about ever releasing it. Maybe it didn't translate well to the screen. They could at least give it away as a fanclub gift.

Actually I remember of some news bright like the sunlight about the release of "U2 Go Home", they didn't want release that, they recorded Boston for DVD and Dublin for something else(partialy TV Doc and audio show holding the full show), they tryed many excuses like "We had technical problems, it will be no possible to released", but after a pressure and undersigned from fans they finally released perfectly.

Finally in the Vertigo Tour they did the same, they recorded Chicago for the DVD and Milan for something else and gave many excuses again, the same excuses claiming technical issues, but in the end again partially Bonus in U218 and holded the full show, honestly how many times you heard about something big not released for "technical issues"? I never

Well, many shooting were made in 360ºTour, ProShots in Vertigo Tour and we have this from TJT2017 and nothing was released, I mean, my guess is:

Bono is a big fan of The Beatles, Elvis and we know how much worth in valuation a material not realesed of an old or dead artist, these guys got a lot of money from this kind of material, I am sure that U2 is building their future also from this, holding materials, songs, Full live shows, backstages, making off etc. all of this for their retirement, or for make longer the legacy and relevance of U2, or even to keep their family confortable after U2, because in 50 years from now it will worth a lot of money.

So thats my guess of Why U2 is not releasing so many materials, I don't believe in "Technical issues" they're holding material for the after U2, they know home videos are not lucrative anymore, so they are using market strategy
  3. Originally posted by ZoopGun:[..]

Actually I remember of some news bright like the sunlight about the release of "U2 Go Home", they didn't want release that, they recorded Boston for DVD and Dublin for something else(partialy TV Doc and audio show holding the full show), they tryed many excuses like "We had technical problems, it will be no possible to released", but after a pressure and undersigned from fans they finally released perfectly.

Finally in the Vertigo Tour they did the same, they recorded Chicago for the DVD and Milan for something else and gave many excuses again, the same excuses claiming technical issues, but in the end again partially Bonus in U218 and holded the full show, honestly how many times you heard about something big not released for "technical issues"? I never

Well, many shooting were made in 360ºTour, ProShots in Vertigo Tour and we have this from TJT2017 and nothing was released, I mean, my guess is:

Bono is a big fan of The Beatles, Elvis and we know how much worth in valuation a material not realesed of an old or dead artist, these guys got a lot of money from this kind of material, I am sure that U2 is building their future also from this, holding materials, songs, Full live shows, backstages, making off etc. all of this for their retirement, or for make longer the legacy and relevance of U2, or even to keep their family confortable after U2, because in 50 years from now it will worth a lot of money.

So thats my guess of Why U2 is not releasing so many materials, I don't believe in "Technical issues" they're holding material for the after U2, they know home videos are not lucrative anymore, so they are using market strategy
    You really think they haven't enough money yet to support their kids in the future (who most have their own careers and don't need the money anyway)? And you really think that in 50 years from now anyone is interested in U2 like people are interested in Beatles and Elvis right now? That's hilarious!
  4. Originally posted by Zwervervriend:[..]
    You really think they haven't enough money yet to support their kids in the future (who most have their own careers and don't need the money anyway)? And you really think that in 50 years from now anyone is interested in U2 like people are interested in Beatles and Elvis right now? That's hilarious!
    I didn't say that.
    Exactly by the reason of no need money, they don't need to do anything for free.

They also don't need any deal with Apple, but they did, because it was a big money

Why do you think they made a deal with Apple? Because what Apple paid for them was higher than what they could get from selling CDs, nobody pays for it anymore

Why do you think they don't allow Netflix, Amazon or Paramount to stream their movies and shows? Because is not money enough for them, is the same about Youtube, they made "The Virtual Road" on youtube for limited time and hidden all again after that.

They don't spend their jobs for nothing. They would sell their collection in auction before to give all for free.

A DVD in these times are donation, nobody pays for that anymore, and when pays is less than the needed for make the movie.

Every single fan who knows at least a bit of U2, know how they love money and this is never too much for them.

They can release it? Yes. It can be for free? I hope so. But there's no another explanation about so many hidden material
  5. Neymar also don't need money, so why do you think he still plays and sign more and more contracts? Yes, thats why.
  6. Originally posted by ZoopGun:Neymar also don't need money, so why do you think he still plays and sign more and more contracts? Yes, thats why.
    Because he enjoys playing football? Same as u2 are still going because they enjoy being in a band. Is money irrelevant? No. But is it the main reason they keep going? I don’t think it’s anywhere near the main reason. Why wouldn’t you want to keep on being in a band or be a footballer? It’s an enjoyable career.
  7. i think that release a DVD nowadays won't give any $$ to them, same thing releasing in movie theaters. So, there's no reason anymore to release it, will probably become another subscription gift.
  8. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]
    Because he enjoys playing football? Same as u2 are still going because they enjoy being in a band. Is money irrelevant? No. But is it the main reason they keep going? I don’t think it’s anywhere near the main reason. Why wouldn’t you want to keep on being in a band or be a footballer? It’s an enjoyable career.
    Yes, and he’s not playing for free yet or Am I wrong?

One day U2 will stop, but maybe they still want keep earning more money with their songs, so they will have material to release in their pockets.
  9. Originally posted by ZoopGun:[..]
    Yes, and he’s not playing for free yet or Am I wrong?

One day U2 will stop, but maybe they still want keep earning more money with their songs, so they will have material to release in their pockets.
    Why would he play for free when he can easily make money doing something he enjoys? But if his options were to go and get an average paid office job or get the same pay playing football he’s still going to be playing football. I don’t think that’s a factor with u2 either. There really isn’t a lot of money in music outside of touring so when the band stop so will there main source of income. Releases are all about their legacy. Whether studio or live, that’s all it is about now. Think about the sales figures of albums, how much each album sells for, what percentage the band get per sale and then they have to split that 4 ways, maybe still 5 with guy Oseary, not sure how that deal works, but you’d be talking pennies in the context of what is the band’s bank account. I doubt they even earned 500k each for SOE as an example, that’s small change for the band when you consider the money they spend on producers etc, in fact they probably make a loss on each album these days with the cost of making it.
  10. They spent all the money filming it. Translating that to Blu Ray/dvd and either making it retail or a fan club gift will not be a major expense. It just seems like lately U2 don't really ever go all out for extras for fans. We've been given a great life by those who we gave a great life too lol. Try to explain to a John Mellencamp fan how sad we are we don't have this or that released. Mellencamp has one full length show released in his career that started about the same time as U2's has. ONE show. So, yes JT 2017 needs to come out, but don't be a Mellencamp fan like me, you'd be dissapointed.
    By the way, I'm getting tired of all the artists who give that bullshit about not wanting their legacy tarnished by releasing the wrong things. People just don't care. A lot were discussing the Beatles Rooftop concert, and the Get Back Apple series a few months ago. Who is now? Almost nobody, and it's the fucking Beatles. Other than a few blow hards like me and others on this site, nobody cares what U2 releases at all. Not one bit. They could have a 200 cd 100 dvd box set released, and it would do the rounds on the news for a week if it were a really really slow news week, and then nobody would talk about it ever again. This is exactly why they should empty the vaults.
    The JT 2017 film should only be released for one reason: It exists. And whatever pennies they can make off it are eroding as I type this. Nobody will take them out of the hall of fame if they release some unheard Trevor demo or a Pete The Choppity Chop demo. Just don't release a Fish Pissing In Some Boiling Water Remix of Trevor! (Just in case you don't know, I hate remixes, other than a few of the 1991-1998 ones.)
  11. Originally posted by pleasegone:They spent all the money filming it. Translating that to Blu Ray/dvd and either making it retail or a fan club gift will not be a major expense. It just seems like lately U2 don't really ever go all out for extras for fans. We've been given a great life by those who we gave a great life too lol. Try to explain to a John Mellencamp fan how sad we are we don't have this or that released. Mellencamp has one full length show released in his career that started about the same time as U2's has. ONE show. So, yes JT 2017 needs to come out, but don't be a Mellencamp fan like me, you'd be dissapointed.
    By the way, I'm getting tired of all the artists who give that bullshit about not wanting their legacy tarnished by releasing the wrong things. People just don't care. A lot were discussing the Beatles Rooftop concert, and the Get Back Apple series a few months ago. Who is now? Almost nobody, and it's the fucking Beatles. Other than a few blow hards like me and others on this site, nobody cares what U2 releases at all. Not one bit. They could have a 200 cd 100 dvd box set released, and it would do the rounds on the news for a week if it were a really really slow news week, and then nobody would talk about it ever again. This is exactly why they should empty the vaults.
    The JT 2017 film should only be released for one reason: It exists. And whatever pennies they can make off it are eroding as I type this. Nobody will take them out of the hall of fame if they release some unheard Trevor demo or a Pete The Choppity Chop demo. Just don't release a Fish Pissing In Some Boiling Water Remix of Trevor! (Just in case you don't know, I hate remixes, other than a few of the 1991-1998 ones.)
    I should say from the start I would love the band to release TJT film and open up the vaults in general but I do still think the legacy point matters. Yes a bad release isn’t really going to make a big difference to U2’s legacy in terms of how the general public think of them going forward and fans will just enjoy the favourites that have been built up over the years. However, if the band release something that never sits well with them or any of the band members really then that is a tarnish on the bands legacy in their own mind at least. Regardless of who else it effects that could and probably would still be an issue. I’m sure the band members want to be proud of as much as their releases as possible and not just release everything and anything. That’s why despite all the big deals they’ve made over the years they’ve always had final say on the music. Nothing gets released without their say so.
  12. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]
    Why would he play for free when he can easily make money doing something he enjoys? But if his options were to go and get an average paid office job or get the same pay playing football he’s still going to be playing football. I don’t think that’s a factor with u2 either. There really isn’t a lot of money in music outside of touring so when the band stop so will there main source of income. Releases are all about their legacy. Whether studio or live, that’s all it is about now. Think about the sales figures of albums, how much each album sells for, what percentage the band get per sale and then they have to split that 4 ways, maybe still 5 with guy Oseary, not sure how that deal works, but you’d be talking pennies in the context of what is the band’s bank account. I doubt they even earned 500k each for SOE as an example, that’s small change for the band when you consider the money they spend on producers etc, in fact they probably make a loss on each album these days with the cost of making it.
    Good point, and Why U2 should give something for free if they can earn lots of money some years later? If you have a house and nobody pays what you want and you thing you deserves, so you don't sells, U2 don't need begging money at the moment, so they can play with it.

Nobody knows the day after today, that's why people made investments,saves and etc. also that's why U2 tryed to running away from taxes, that's Why Bono was in the lists of Offshores in Panamá Papers and many other stuffs.

Just give a look about the earns of The Beatles, Michael Jackson, Elvis after their end, it was higher and higher in sales and auctions. U2 can clearly are preparing their future and their generations future with these material.

And don't pretend we know about the future of all their children, we don't do, Adam's children for example just born, we don't know anything about them, so let's be fair.

About Apple, welll:
    https://www.businessinsider.com/apple-reportedly-spending-over-100-million-for-u2-album-2014-9

How many copies they should selled to get this money? They would not be able do it

ANyway, I think this subject is going far from where should be, so I will try to finish in here.