1. Thanks for sharing Kris!
  2. I have noticed some 'mistakes' in the book which I find perplexing.

For example:

PART II
    I can change the world, but I can't change the world in me.
    - Sydney Cricket Ground, January 1994

He is referencing the Sydney Zoo TV shows, however they played there in November 1993. The tour never even went into 1994.
    In their history they have never played in Sydney in the month of January.

Also, they played the Sydney Football Stadium, which is next door.

(They never actually played the Sydney Cricket Ground until the 2019 JT Tour ... which also happened to be in November)

It is obviously a significant stop since it was being filmed, and was the time/location of Adam's 'no show/issue'.
    So how can he get the month AND venue wrong, and an editor also not picking this up?

He says it again on p291 "..first show at the Sydney Cricket Ground.."

He also says the tour was 3 years (not the correct 2).

Perplexed.
  3. There are quite a few other mistakes as well. Typical Bono I guess.
  4. Originally posted by edg:I have noticed some 'mistakes' in the book which I find perplexing.

For example:

PART II

He is referencing the Sydney Zoo TV shows, however they played there in November 1993. The tour never even went into 1994.

(They never actually played the Sydney Cricket Ground until the 2019 JT Tour ... which also happened to be in November)

It is obviously a significant stop since it was being filmed, and was the time/location of Adam's 'no show/issue'.
    So how can he get the month AND venue wrong, and an editor also not picking this up?

Perplexed.
    It's not a show chronology. We have Pim Jal de la Parra's book for that.
    It's not even an autobiography.
    It's a memoir.

Places and dates don't need to be 100% accurate - it's the emotions, the memories that count. If the man talks about January '94 even though the show took place an outrageous 5 weeks (!!!) prior to that, so be it. There will be worse mistakes than that, you can rest assured.
  5. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    It's not a show chronology. We have Pim Jal de la Parra's book for that.
    It's a memoir.

Places and dates don't need to be 100% accurate - it's the emotions, the memories that count.
    Ok, but U2 fans have their own 'memoir' of events that happened.. What if he'd say Live Aid was in 1986 in Paris?
  6. Originally posted by melon51:[..]
    Ok, but U2 fans have their own 'memoir' of events that happened.. What if he'd say Live Aid was in 1986 in Paris?
    Hahaha sure, I mean I'm the first to be puzzled at some of his recollections, but:

Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    It's Bono we're talking about. He would sing Happy Birthday for Anton Corbjin in July when his birthday is on May 20th, would state in an interview in July 1987 that he had written Lucille that very morning (despite the fact he'd first performed it back in April 1987) and would claim onstage that they were about to play 11 O'Clock Tick Tock for the first time in 20 years (when they had played it around 5 months earlier, and even then it had only been 11 years since the last performance).

Spare the man some sympathy.
  7. Originally posted by edg:I have noticed some 'mistakes' in the book which I find perplexing.

For example:

PART II

Perplexed.
    Yup, editors fail. They should have got the trainspotters in the U2 fan community to do an read first. One could allow the 3 year quote to pass because of the pre-Zoo AB promo and prep.
  8. Originally posted by edg:I have noticed some 'mistakes' in the book which I find perplexing.

For example:

PART II

Perplexed.
    There were bigger and more outrageous time-wise mistakes in Earlier Version Send for translations, but the Sydney thing Under the quote in „Part 2” stayed… i was „lucky” to read translation in advance - imagine You point that error fact to Your country publisher and they say … uh we cannot correct the author 🤣 … the Pope in Sunglasses picture in Poland got published just few Months after he passed away … If i remember Bono says it took 6-8 Years 🤣😎
  9. It's not a show chronology. We have Pim Jal de la Parra's book for that.
    It's a memoir.

It's a Wemoir! LOL
  10. Reading it now, it's okay. Not much new stuff but some interesting stuff in there. However, the whole AIDS, RED, Jubilee 2000 chapters are kinda boring for me.

And the way the talks about Pop and ATYCLB
  11. A great artists tend to color outside the lines. Asking for a version of Bono who only recalls exact dates/locations of events would also quite possibly be a tradeoff version of Bono where we lose the miracle of his creativity, where we don't even have the luxury to critique his recollection.
  12. Great point. Really!