1. Rereading this again and noticed Part II begins with the quote "I can change the world but I can't change the world in me: Sydney Cricket Ground, January 1994". I missed that first time around and it strikes me as yet other one of Bono's memory lapses. Zoo-Tv landed in Sydney in November 1993 and that was at the Sydney Football Stadium; JT19 was the one and only time they've played the Sydney Cricket Ground. I thought book editors were supposed to do fact checks and stuff?
  2. Originally posted by Sydney_MIke:Rereading this again and noticed Part II begins with the quote "I can change the world but I can't change the world in me: Sydney Cricket Ground, January 1994". I missed that first time around and it strikes me as yet other one of Bono's memory lapses. Zoo-Tv landed in Sydney in November 1993 and that was at the Sydney Football Stadium; JT19 was the one and only time they've played the Sydney Cricket Ground. I thought book editors were supposed to do fact checks and stuff?
    The thing with memoires is that it's about memories, not about facts. If he remembered it wrong, than it's still his memorie
  3. Originally posted by Sydney_MIke:Rereading this again and noticed Part II begins with the quote "I can change the world but I can't change the world in me: Sydney Cricket Ground, January 1994". I missed that first time around and it strikes me as yet other one of Bono's memory lapses. Zoo-Tv landed in Sydney in November 1993 and that was at the Sydney Football Stadium; JT19 was the one and only time they've played the Sydney Cricket Ground. I thought book editors were supposed to do fact checks and stuff?
    There's a number of issues like that.

He talks at length about Vancouver 2015, and taking the stage that night and hearing Patti Smith's "People Have the Power" playing over the PA. Problem is? They didn't start using that song until a few shows in, and at the point he is referencing were still using the Punk Rock Montage...
  4. Its a memoir, not a historian's account. The Sydney thing might be a typo.
  5. Originally posted by Sydney_MIke:Rereading this again and noticed Part II begins with the quote "I can change the world but I can't change the world in me: Sydney Cricket Ground, January 1994". I missed that first time around and it strikes me as yet other one of Bono's memory lapses. Zoo-Tv landed in Sydney in November 1993 and that was at the Sydney Football Stadium; JT19 was the one and only time they've played the Sydney Cricket Ground. I thought book editors were supposed to do fact checks and stuff?
    I corrected the Sydney thing in Polish edition 🤪
  6. Can anyone relay what hotel U2 first stayed at in New York in December 1980?

It is in the book.