1. All big touring bands
  2. RHCP released The Getaway in late Spring of 2016 and Unlimited Love 6 years later in Spring of 2022. They also changed out guitarists.
  3. Originally posted by LostSailor:RHCP released The Getaway in late Spring of 2016 and Unlimited Love 6 years later in Spring of 2022. They also changed out guitarists.
    I think we could probably all find some acts that take forever to put out an album. The Rolling Stones are currently about one album a decade. Other artists get it done much quicker. McCartney always seems to have something new out. Rod Stewart puts out an album of something every year (he was my Moms fave, so made Christmas gifts easy…)
  4. Originally posted by LostSailor:RHCP released The Getaway in late Spring of 2016 and Unlimited Love 6 years later in Spring of 2022. They also changed out guitarists.
    Yea but boy, did they make up for that long wait. 2 new albums, 35 new songs in one year.
  5. If U2 toured as often as KISS, or even the Rolling Stones, I'd give them a pass.

I'd like a new album, but what I really was looking forward to was seeing U2 in 2023. That's looking less likely, unless I go to Vegas (which I would love to).
  6. Originally posted by podiumboy:[..]
    If U2 toured as often as KISS, or even the Rolling Stones, I'd give them a pass.

I'd like a new album, but what I really was looking forward to was seeing U2 in 2023. That's looking less likely, unless I go to Vegas (which I would love to).
    That in fairness is what separates u2 from a few of these other artists. U2 can go a few years with almost nothing happening in the way of new albums or tours. 2002,03,04,07,08,12,13,14,16,20,21,22 all non tour years and only 2 of they years featured new albums.
  7. Originally posted by podiumboy:Ugh.... lame

God damn this is a frustrating band to be a fan of sometimes! By late 2023 it will have been 6 years since their last album.

They've got until 13 June next year before they exceed the gap between NLOTH and SOI, which was 2020 days. This is currently the second longest gap at 1711 days and you're right; 1 December 2023 will be 6 years but let's get the 5 year milestone out of the way before we start worrying about the 6th.
  8. Kinda sounds boring.

Originally posted by SJKamal:So they could have released 5 "Songs of" albums in a row...

Songs of Innocence
    Songs of Experience
    Songs of Surrender
    Songs of [2023]
    Songs of Ascent
  9. You know Edge loves delay
  10. Originally posted by LostSailor:[..]
    I wish they would be over the "Songs" Era to move forward with a clean slate. I get "Songs of Surrender" with the connection to Bono's book; any new material after should have proper titles.

Ever thought about what Songs of Innocence and Songs of Experience albums could have been named if they used song titles? Cedarwood Road and The Lights of Home or Love is All We Have Left come to mind for Songs of Experience.

I am also waiting and expecting for something like this, I love them guys but we're fine from their stories, it was great, but lets move on

In the early days we had songs about to be younger(boy, october), about the world(war, TUF), then about america(TJT), then about books(AB), about family and religion(POP), about friends and god(ATYCLB), about father(HTDAAB), about spirit and nothing(NLOTH) and now about them(SOI, SOE) .

Not because I'm tired of them, but because the subject also make the music and the album.

"Stars don't go" showed me that the album could be diferent if they're not trying to make tributes about themselves and their families
  11. I may have missed something but I don’t think Achtung Baby is an album specifically about ‘books’…