U2:UV Achtung Baby at the Sphere
Legs (1): 2023-2024
Shows: 40
Tickets:
  1. Or, maybe, here's a crazy thought: perhaps Larry had some injuries that he put off dealing with for whatever reason. I know it sounds crazy, I'm just spitballing here. I'd hope that if Larry had no intention of coming back, he'd be up front about it. Still taking what everyone has said at face value
  2. Originally posted by EdgeMedia72:This is from a new AP interview with the edge, the last lines in the article are :

Would U2 continue if one of the original quartet decides it’s time to hang it up?

“I wouldn’t rule out the possibility that we could go forward with different members,” The Edge said. “But also, equally, I could imagine us deciding not to. It would be a big challenge. But I think at the time we would know what felt right.”

So its time to cut the bullshit, they are trying to softly walk us thru Larry quitting !

Larry is gone ! Get used to it.

"The sky is falling!"

I think you're reading way more into this than you need to.
  3. I said that after Bonos Berlin Vocal Problems Will repeat it now… band has some communication Problems

2018 was it that difficult for Edge Adam LarrY to come out and say to the crowd Look Bono Will NOT Sing any more today, keep your fingers crossed we will reschedule and comeback now let’s sing 1 thing together and we are off …NO

They send poor guy to announce that they will not come out any more

2023 was it that difficult to ask Larry to record video with Bram and say - Guys I’m terribly sorry I won’t make it to LV shows but here is great young drummer who will fill my shoes! I hope you like him! God bless him and Adam Clayton time sense! … NO

2014… when Bono broke his arm and they had Fallon residency planned… and world backlash over free to iPhone album… was it that difficult for Edge Adam (Larry I know) to go to Fallon and say guys Bono iwill be fine, we have this new record and tour planned… he will be back soon don’t worry we will come back … NO

These are 3 examples of terrible crisis management from our band
  4. Originally posted by EdgeMedia72:This is from a new AP interview with the edge, the last lines in the article are :

Would U2 continue if one of the original quartet decides it’s time to hang it up?

“I wouldn’t rule out the possibility that we could go forward with different members,” The Edge said. “But also, equally, I could imagine us deciding not to. It would be a big challenge. But I think at the time we would know what felt right.”

So its time to cut the bullshit, they are trying to softly walk us thru Larry quitting !

Where can I read this?
  5. Yeah, I mean, I don’t think it’s a foregone conclusion that Larry is done, but it’s certainly not a positive sign. Going from “We’ll hang it up when someone’s done” to “I don’t know, maybe not, we’ll see how we feel…” is not the direction I’d hope they’d move in.
  6. At the Sphere, the entire building is a speaker. We should be able to get to levels of intimacy that we’ve never had before in concert. That’s going to be interesting. Edge said to me, “You know, we rely on a certain degradation of signal.” I said, “I think I know what you mean, but go on.”

He said, “If we have full fidelity, we may not like what we sound like.” (laughs) We haven’t put tickets on sale because we don’t know yet that we can fulfill the potential of the place. Edge has gone in there with his hard hat — and his hard head — and so far, the results are good.

What would Bono mean by this ticket thing?
  7. That this whole project is a clusterfuck and an absolute quagmire and they never should have agreed to it in the first place and there’s still a chance it blows up in everyone’s face and my people (lawyers) make a fuckton of money?
  8. I think he's just telling a joke so as not to throw MSG or the construction people under the bus for the delays.
  9. Originally posted by EdgeMedia72:This is from a new AP interview with the edge, the last lines in the article are :

Another quote from another interview: "Songs of Ascent is a reflective, lyrical album, very different from the unreasonable guitar record, which is not to say they might not end up mating. We didn’t want to put either album out before we could play live, so we were waiting for our drummer to heal."
  10. Originally posted by Remy:[..]

Another quote from another interview: "Songs of Ascent is a reflective, lyrical album, very different from the unreasonable guitar record, which is not to say they might not end up mating. We didn’t want to put either album out before we could play live, so we were waiting for our drummer to heal."
    That's at least encouraging.
  11. We need to accept the possibility that Larry is done, and that this is their slow way of guiding us through to the acceptance stage. It sucks, but if he doesn’t want to be there but the other 2-3 still want to continue, I’m here for it. I’ll be coming to shows as long as they happen.