U2:UV Achtung Baby at the Sphere
Legs (1): 2023-2024
Shows: 40
Tickets:
  1. I could do with The Fly twice, but the for a closer Joe has to go ape on Edge in the mix
  2. When you’ve got as many good songs as u2 none of them should be played twice. Although if someone made me chose I’d take it back to some of the early days and do 11 o’clock tick tock to start and finish.
  3. I’ll admit I kind of loved the double dose of Vertigo at Dublin in 2005. You didn’t get the full effect of the screen until the later one because it was so light out…
  4. Originally posted by u2wanderer1:I’ll admit I kind of loved the double dose of Vertigo at Dublin in 2005. You didn’t get the full effect of the screen until the later one because it was so light out…
    Every time I compare it to the perfect selections of city of blinding lights to open and 40 to close on the dvd it drives me insane that vertigo twice is what I witnessed. Different perspectives lol.
  5. Don't forget that the residency way billed as 'non-consecutive'. Does that mean they play one or two nights each week or fortnight (Say like a Thursday/Friday) and then do another two nights elsewhere in the US during the week?
  6. Even though I strongly disagree with the writer when he dismisses literally everything the band have put out since 2004, I reckon he has a strong point when criticising the Vegas residency.

I understand this residency is exactly what the band/corporation has been dreaming of for many years: maximizing the profits of their worldwide acclaimed live shows, minimizing the financial and logistical risks, playing it safe with minimal changes from night to night and basically pulling sold out after sold out with close to zero effort. And that's exactly what makes me sad about it.
  7. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    Even though I strongly disagree with the writer when he dismisses literally everything the band have put out since 2004, I reckon he has a strong point when criticising the Vegas residency.

I understand this residency is exactly what the band/corporation has been dreaming for many years: maximizing the profits of their worldwide acclaimed live shows, minimizing the financial and logistical risks, playing it safe with minimal changes from night to night and basically pulling sold out after sold out with close to zero effort. And that's exactly what makes me sad about it.
    Yea I’ve always dreaded seeing any of my favorite bands with the words “Vegas residency” next to their names. Oh well
  8. depending how good will be the next album, I have nothing against these las vegas residency shows... all i want is good songs to enjoy
  9. Residency is a green solution...low co2 tour
  10. Billy Joel has done a residency at MSG with a monthly show there for years now. Admit I find that a little cooler and more palatable than a Vegas residency.

A Vegas residency seems like the antithesis of everything U2 has pretended to stand for over the years.