U2:UV Achtung Baby at the Sphere
Legs (1): 2023-2024
Shows: 40
Tickets:
  1. Yeah if you look at the early SOI promo stuff, music videos for “Invisible” and “Miracle”, etc, Bono pretty much looks the same as he did at the end of the 360 tour. Compare that to the beginning of the IE Tour, and his face is drastically different, he might have had a little reconstruction on his face, and he just looked much older.

He kind of made it work in the JT/EI era a little better, 2017-19, even though the Granny glasses are awful.

But now, man he looks rough. I know he’s 62 and all. But most 62 year olds I know look younger than Bono does. He needs to do something about that hair, find new glasses, and find a way to age gracefully. The other 3 members of U2 have done so.
  2. The Sphere shows will be the "What if the Mirror Ball Lemon Had A Bono Book Club?"
  3. « Find a way to age gracefully » is one rude thing to say to anyone.
    It’s equivalent to telling someone to age in a polite way, that is not to remind us of our own mortality by hiding forever the passing of time.
    He’s 62, and still making music
    He’s 62 and can look like whatever he wants
    He’s 62 and we shouldn’t feel like he owes us anything
  4. Originally posted by Eljimferr:« Find a way to age gracefully » is one rude thing to say to anyone.
    It’s equivalent to telling someone to age in a polite way, that is not to remind us of our own mortality by hiding forever the passing of time.
    Couldn't agree more. In fact, I'm rooting for Bono in this case!
  5. Originally posted by Sydney_MIke:[..]

The thought of a 63 year old Bono prancing around in leather pants and jacket does not sound appealing The wardrobe team will need to make some alterations or update the outfit so he can squeeze in to it. I wish I still had my 33 year old body

Bono was 57 and 58 when he resurrected MacPhisto on the E and I tour with the help of technology.

I could see Willie Williams and the Production Team doing something similar with The Fly. Bono wears fly shades and he is in a leather type Fly persona on the large screen.
  6. I don’t see why he would have to play the fly the way he did in the 90’s. Just like people characters develop and change through time. The sunglasses I’d expect and then the outfit will be something that‘s more suitable for the character now, maybe something like what he was wearing during the elevation video.
  7. he'll come out looking like Leisure Suit Larry if he's not careful
  8. I know he made a half hearted attempt to bring him back with that lame computer graphic overlay and a small amount of makeup a few years ago but surely Macphisto would be a better character than The Fly to bring back for a Vegas residency?? Without the constraints of a touring show, he could go all out again with the gold suit, boots, full makeup and long speeches only this time he would actually be the character for real instead of a young man pretending to be old.

And after all, in Bono's own words from 93, the character was "a pop star long past his prime returning regularly from sessions on The Strip in Vegas"

It would be the most perfect example of life imitating art!

Also, says a lot that 30 years ago, Bono considered a vegas residency so depressing that he based part of the backstory of that character around it...
  9. Macphisto prophecy fulfilled
  10. Originally posted by ric:I know he made a half hearted attempt to bring him back with that lame computer graphic overlay and a small amount of makeup a few years ago but surely Macphisto would be a better character than The Fly to bring back for a Vegas residency?? Without the constraints of a touring show, he could go all out again with the gold suit, boots, full makeup and long speeches only this time he would actually be the character for real instead of a young man pretending to be old.

And after all, in Bono's own words from 93, the character was "a pop star long past his prime returning regularly from sessions on The Strip in Vegas"

It would be the most perfect example of life imitating art!

Also, says a lot that 30 years ago, Bono considered a vegas residency so depressing that he based part of the backstory of that character around it...
    I think the Fly character sums up/represents ZooTV and AB better than Macphisto. Macphisto had some awesome moments, but the Fly IS ZooTV..for me, at least
  11. Originally posted by Eljimferr:« Find a way to age gracefully » is one rude thing to say to anyone.
    100% agree.
  12. Originally posted by bonoschild:[..]
    I think the Fly character sums up/represents ZooTV and AB better than Macphisto. Macphisto had some awesome moments, but the Fly IS ZooTV..for me, at least
    Have I missed something or is this show totally ZOOTV based?

I think Macphisto is a Las Vegas character and would be much better suited to Bono's age now. Wasn't Machphisto also meant to represent the old, washed up version of the The Fly too?