U2:UV Achtung Baby at the Sphere
Legs (1): 2023-2024
Shows: 40
Tickets:
  1. Yes instead going to your audiance you let you audiance come to you. From all over the world.
  2. I’ll stick to my usual. As long as the band release material at the sort of rate they have been and play a fair amount from the new material live then anything else is a bonus. As I was saying it’s not about getting into a debate about what each of us see as legacy act, nostalgia act etc, but for my own interpretation they aren’t that until they stop releasing and playing a good amount of new material live. Anything anniversary tours or tours that aren’t specifically promoting new material are just a bonus.
  3. Here’s my take. This is GREAT news. We are incredibly lucky U2 is making new music and performing live. This new Vegas venue looks extraordinary. I am excited to see what the band can do with it. I’ll be buying tickets for sure. And loving it!
  4. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    Even though I strongly disagree with the writer when he dismisses literally everything the band have put out since 2004, I reckon he has a strong point when criticising the Vegas residency.

I understand this residency is exactly what the band/corporation has been dreaming of for many years: maximizing the profits of their worldwide acclaimed live shows, minimizing the financial and logistical risks, playing it safe with minimal changes from night to night and basically pulling sold out after sold out with close to zero effort. And that's exactly what makes me sad about it.

The band have not announced anything it's probably some BS rumour started by some worm within the industry or it's some PR on behalf of the venue who have now got their publicity as millions now know about it's existence ,the band may have said they'll play it as part of a world tour but probably many other bands and artists have agreed to play it aswell. On the Vertigo tour they played 8 nights in MSG nobody called that a residency or playing it safe or dialing it in they still played across the US and the rest of the world.
  5. RTÉ has shared that “nothing has been confirmed and a spokesperson for the band told RTÉ that U2 are unlikely to be releasing a statement regarding stories of a Vegas run and so it is speculation for the moment.”
  6. When I hear talk of a Vegas residency I can’t help but think of The Fly switching channels and remarking that he’s definitely going through his “Fat Elvis period”. It might not be a tragedy, but it certainly is a little sad.
  7. Originally posted by TheRefugee:When I hear talk of a Vegas residency I can’t help but think of The Fly switching channels and remarking that he’s definitely going through his “Fat Elvis period”. It might not be a tragedy, but it certainly is a little sad.
    I don’t think it’s sad at all. Not like the band will play 160 shows over the course of the year hahaha.

The band is 60+, it’s just not a fair to compare to a young drugged out Elvis. I think they are just going through life, with the understanding that they won’t be in Vegas for a longer than a few shows.
  8. Originally posted by guykirk9:[..]
    I don’t think it’s sad at all. Not like the band will play 160 shows over the course of the year hahaha.

The band is 60+, it’s just not a fair to compare to a young drugged out Elvis. I think they are just going through life, with the understanding that they won’t be in Vegas for a longer than a few shows.
    Is the length / duration known or speculated? They did 8 Runs at MSG in 2015 - does that count as a residency? Cause from what I recall, that got glowing review....
  9. Originally posted by mattfromcanada:[..]
    Is the length / duration known or speculated? They did 8 Runs at MSG in 2015 - does that count as a residency? Cause from what I recall, that got glowing review....
    See I don’t know, I keep assuming it won’t be like Penn & Teller, but more like what Sting and Morrissey or Adele was planning on doing. I’m Guessing it would just be a few shows, but I everything I’m saying is conjecture
  10. Originally posted by mattfromcanada:[..]
    the article in Billboard mentioned shows over three months, with no consecutive nights at the venue.
  11. See I don’t understand how people could be upset if that’s the case hahaha
  12. U2 might play a couple shows to open the venue, but every act is going to want that venue for awhile. So it makes sense that U2 would have to spread out their shows amongst other US tour dates.