U2:UV Achtung Baby at the Sphere
Legs (1): 2023-2024
Shows: 40
Tickets:
  1. Just reading through the topics after a long absence.
    Opening up a brand new spectacle of 1.8 billion dollars seems like a great honor for the band and a recognition of their +40 year old career.
    Personally I'm happy they go for another (final?) bang, aren't afraid for something different (residency in a crazy city) and are once more looking for the newest technology.
    It's gonna be a pain for the wallet and logistic wise to get to Vegas, but I'm quite excited
  2. Some very interesting rumours in the latest article on U2songs.com (https://www.u2songs.com/news/the_crystal_ball_a_look_forward1) - among them it seems that the Las Vegas residency remains very much in the works and scheduled for Fall 2023. Given that it would probably happen before the new album of original material, I'm very interested in how these shows are going to be designed and what the approach to the setlists is going to be. This would be uncharted territory - a big run of shows without a new album to promote (with the exception of TJT 2017/2019, but that tour was "promoting" TJT in a way). I know a Vegas residency could be just a big cashgrab, but there's so much potential in this... Especially if they'll want to showcase the MSG Sphere's technological capabilities.
  3. Yeah its interesting that its actually going to span a few months too. I thought it would only be a few shows to open the arena the same time the F1 is there.
  4. I hope Vegas stint is AB30/Zootv.2.0
  5. Originally posted by Hansav:Some very interesting rumours in the latest article on U2songs.com (https://www.u2songs.com/news/the_crystal_ball_a_look_forward1) - among them it seems that the Las Vegas residency remains very much in the works and scheduled for Fall 2023. Given that it would probably happen before the new album of original material, I'm very interested in how these shows are going to be designed and what the approach to the setlists is going to be. This would be uncharted territory - a big run of shows without a new album to promote (with the exception of TJT 2017/2019, but that tour was "promoting" TJT in a way). I know a Vegas residency could be just a big cashgrab, but there's so much potential in this... Especially if they'll want to showcase the MSG Sphere's technological capabilities.
    As long as I can get tickets (at a somewhat reasonable price - yeah, it's Vega$), they can grab my cash. It'd be fun!
  6. I’m sure the shows will be great, but I’d really prefer them not to do it. All this talk of such much great material being prepared and they want to do a Vegas residency first instead of a world tour for an actual album? Some self declared mega fans will be front seat at every Vegas show.
  7. Originally posted by Hansav:Some very interesting rumours in the latest article on U2songs.com (https://www.u2songs.com/news/the_crystal_ball_a_look_forward1) - among them it seems that the Las Vegas residency remains very much in the works and scheduled for Fall 2023. Given that it would probably happen before the new album of original material, I'm very interested in how these shows are going to be designed and what the approach to the setlists is going to be. This would be uncharted territory - a big run of shows without a new album to promote (with the exception of TJT 2017/2019, but that tour was "promoting" TJT in a way). I know a Vegas residency could be just a big cashgrab, but there's so much potential in this... Especially if they'll want to showcase the MSG Sphere's technological capabilities.
    I suppose it might not be too dissimilar to the stuff we got before Songs of Experience was released - like the Dreamforce and iHeart Radio stuff
  8. Given the Stories of Surrender and album of reworked songs, I'm thinking it might be heavy on a retrospective kind of theme? Like bits from their entire career. Hopefully not heavy on storytelling, but maybe a chronological kind of setlist. I don't know, throwing spitballs here

Edit Must start speculating on tour names..I'll bet the Vegas Sphere shows will be "U2 Full Circle.". Cliched and all, but...
  9. So basically we have another year until the next album? And the tour won’t be until 2024? Well that sucks…