1. What did you think of their Bonaroo setlist during the JT30 tour?
  2. If they did festivals this is the set I’d go with, not really to my preference but more what I think would work best.

1. Elevation (influx intro)
    2. Vertigo
    3. Beautiful day
    4. Until the end of the world
    5. New Year’s Day
    6. Pride
    7. I Still Haven’t Found What I’m Looking For
    8. City Of Blinding Lights
    9. I Will Follow
    10. Sunday Bloody Sunday
    11. Bad
    12. Bullet The Blue Sky
    13. Running To Stand Still
    14. Where The Streets Have No Name

Encore
    15. Zoo station
    16. The Fly
    17. Even Better Than The Real Thing
    18. Mysterious Ways
    19. One
    20. With Or Without You
    21. 40
  3. Nice!
  4. I think ultimately with festivals it’s not a place to try out new things or to be scared to embrace the past. I actually think fans would be surprised as well at how much they enjoyed seeing the band piece together bits from the past that worked. There would be a fun aspect added in, emotions that take us back to certain times. Too much influencing us that we couldn’t not enjoy it. When you look back at glastonbury the structure of the set had very little familiarity to it. The songs might have been regularly played, yes they gave the order a trial run on 360 but there were no emotions attached to the running order. The AB/zoo tv tribute was missing a huge ingredient, zoo station to kick it all off with its partner the fly, instead we got a great but less familiar real thing. Streets was earlier in the show than we’re used to and the middle of the show was quite jumbled up. They omitted the most famous of their regular closers. The die hard fans would have kept the ‘how long’ chants going and it would be an easy one to join in for the people right at the back who were just tagging along.
  5. Originally posted by deanallison:If they did festivals this is the set I’d go with, not really to my preference but more what I think would work best.

1. Elevation (influx intro)
    2. Vertigo
    3. Beautiful day
    4. Until the end of the world
    5. New Year’s Day
    6. Pride
    7. I Still Haven’t Found What I’m Looking For
    8. City Of Blinding Lights
    9. I Will Follow
    10. Sunday Bloody Sunday
    11. Bad
    12. Bullet The Blue Sky
    13. Running To Stand Still
    14. Where The Streets Have No Name

Encore
    15. Zoo station
    16. The Fly
    17. Even Better Than The Real Thing
    18. Mysterious Ways
    19. One
    20. With Or Without You
    21. 40
    I'd have a really hard time putting together a less attractive setlist. Bravo!
  6. I think the first show that U2 does any song will come in handy
  7. Not the most appealing Setlist on paper for die hard fans but even so at least half of it would be amongst my dream Setlist. You’ll struggle to find many great festival performances that feature a Setlist catered to die hard fans. Even the likes of radiohead with their 97 Glastonbury set and not as many tunes to pick from turned to the crowd pleasers.
  8. That Radiohead Glastonbury set is now considered to be one of the greatest ever. However, I’m wondering if the passage of time (25 years!) made it so. In other words, was it applauded as much as it is is now back then? Heck, there were significant technical difficulties throughout the show.

Hmmm…. I’m derailing the thread. I like that set you posted.
  9. If we could get that set up to 25 tracks, throw in UV, Horses, TUF, and something from R&H.

Oh, and Gloria and something from Pop.
  10. … and Stay, Out of Control, and Walk On.
  11. Obviously creating a single 21-song set would be an impossible task for me.
  12. Angel of Harlem...damn imagine them playing 'Lady With The Spinning Head'