1. I've probably asked this before, but never in a topic that I created, or one that was specifically titled this. As a cd buyer, I was holding out hope old R&H would come out, but to me, it's obvious U2 hates Pop and R&H. Now U2's albums from AB on don't really need remastering.

Here's the question, I remember R&H getting some sort of Apple "mastered for I Tunes" version, and some Apple remastering release "supervised" by The Edge(which means Edge was within at least 3,000 miles of the studio where it was being done.). Obviously, it never ended up on cd. I have no idea where to find it. I've had 3 hard drive crashes since 2013, lost everything I had on that cloud thing, and had one external hard drive go bad. Other than that, my computing life has been great!

I used to pride myself as a "Top level fan" whatever that means lol...but I know some of you out there will have the real lowdown on this remaster. Is it lossless? Or some loud brickwalled Mp3? I was holding out hope the cd would be released before I would settle for a download, but I want to get it now. Do I need to go to Qbert? Qbuzz? I've heard Qbuzz uses high quality resources, but if it is just the same as my 1988 cd, I"m not interested. Many thanks to anyone who can clarify this for me. And if you clarified it for me before, my apologies, as my memory makes Bono look like a master at memorizing lyrics!(Did he really screw One up a few times? Yes, and you'd think he would kind of remember that song)
  2. Originally posted by pleasegone:I've probably asked this before, but never in a topic that I created, or one that was specifically titled this. As a cd buyer, I was holding out hope old R&H would come out, but to me, it's obvious U2 hates Pop and R&H. Now U2's albums from AB on don't really need remastering.

Here's the question, I remember R&H getting some sort of Apple "mastered for I Tunes" version, and some Apple remastering release "supervised" by The Edge(which means Edge was within at least 3,000 miles of the studio where it was being done.). Obviously, it never ended up on cd. I have no idea where to find it. I've had 3 hard drive crashes since 2013, lost everything I had on that cloud thing, and had one external hard drive go bad. Other than that, my computing life has been great!

I used to pride myself as a "Top level fan" whatever that means lol...but I know some of you out there will have the real lowdown on this remaster. Is it lossless? Or some loud brickwalled Mp3? I was holding out hope the cd would be released before I would settle for a download, but I want to get it now. Do I need to go to Qbert? Qbuzz? I've heard Qbuzz uses high quality resources, but if it is just the same as my 1988 cd, I"m not interested. Many thanks to anyone who can clarify this for me. And if you clarified it for me before, my apologies, as my memory makes Bono look like a master at memorizing lyrics!(Did he really screw One up a few times? Yes, and you'd think he would kind of remember that song)
    The remaster was only released on iTunes.

Initially it was a mess as someone adjusted the audio so all the tracks were increased to the same loudness. It was a mess. Loud tracks were loud. Quiet tracks were loud. They made a mess out of it.

It was later fixed. It’s still available on iTunes. It’s compressed. No uncompressed version on any other service. Comes with a pdf of the lyrics and notes on the album. It’s similar in sound to the other remasters Edge has directed. Definitely louder than the 80s masters, but a good dynamic range, and doesn’t really max out in sound.

It was done at the same time he did all the other albums. The others were eventually released in other formats. Still hoping R&H gets some love some day. They tried to do an anniversary release in 2018 but in the end didn’t for some reason.
  3. Originally posted by u2wanderer1:[..]
    The remaster was only released on iTunes.

Initially it was a mess as someone adjusted the audio so all the tracks were increased to the same loudness. It was a mess. Loud tracks were loud. Quiet tracks were loud. They made a mess out of it.

It was later fixed. It’s still available on iTunes. It’s compressed. No uncompressed version on any other service. Comes with a pdf of the lyrics and notes on the album. It’s similar in sound to the other remasters Edge has directed. Definitely louder than the 80s masters, but a good dynamic range, and doesn’t really max out in sound.

It was done at the same time he did all the other albums. The others were eventually released in other formats. Still hoping R&H gets some love some day. They tried to do an anniversary release in 2018 but in the end didn’t for some reason.
    Thanks for refreshing my memory. I appreciate it!
  4. Interesting. Does the PDF include the never-heard verse of Van Diemen's Land just like the old vinyl booklet?
  5. Humming Deluxe Version including:
    - 4K BluRay of The Movie with Dolby Atmos + LA or Dublin premiere show
    - Tempe unedited full concert on Blu-Ray
    - newly remastered album on CD1
    - bonus tracks CD including:
    *early verision of Heartland
    *Complete SunStudions session with She's a Mystery To Me
    *Coupon to download 268 other versions of Hawkmoon in Flac
    *Hawkmoon separete tracks so you can mix on your own another 567 versions
  6. I’d have to look to be sure, but they were mostly unchanged from the originals except for new credits for the 2017 versions added in.
  7. Originally posted by u2wanderer1:[..]
    I’d have to look to be sure, but they were mostly unchanged from the originals except for new credits for the 2017 versions added in.
    I would have guessed they would take digital versions (aka the ones from U2com) and put those in the PDF.

If you can check that out I'll be very grateful. It's a very silly thing but the kind of curiosity/mystery I really enjoy clearing up.
  8. It’s the same as what’s in my 1988 cd copy, with the extra verse.
  9. Interesting. Thanks Hopefully a recording of Edge singing that last controversial verse will surface one day.
  10. Originally posted by zbych:Humming Deluxe Version including:
    - 4K BluRay of The Movie with Dolby Atmos + LA or Dublin premiere show
    - Tempe unedited full concert on Blu-Ray
    - newly remastered album on CD1
    - bonus tracks CD including:
    *early verision of Heartland
    *Complete SunStudions session with She's a Mystery To Me
    *Coupon to download 268 other versions of Hawkmoon in Flac
    *Hawkmoon separete tracks so you can mix on your own another 567 versions
    Lovely mate but we can all dream, the pish U2 are 'releasing' now i doubt we'll ever see any old stuff re-issued, All other bands on the planet are cashing in on their back cat etc, but no good enough for this now irrelevent 'band'