Stories of Surrender Tour
Legs (3): Promo appearances, 2022, 2023
Shows: 42
  1. Originally posted by Monopoly:[..]
    I would assume a large number of fans only subscribe for presale tickets, I definitely don’t pay for the crap “gifts”. It makes sense to not to continue subscriptions when a tour ends and this book tour really came out of nowhere whereas the fan sites would usually shower us with imminent rumors a week before.
    The leak on Saturday via Ticketmaster should have been a good indicator that an announcement was coming. And had people resubbed at that point they would have been fine. These appearances are being set up via the Publisher, so not the same leaks as would be on a normal tour.

We’ve cut back on what we post for rumours due to the crap that we constantly get. Tired of hearing we are full of BS, threats against our team, and more. If you want them they are on the site. We aren’t posting updates to social media when we update those areas on the site.
  2. Am I the only one who doesn't care about this Bono tour thing? Maybe I am a pessimist but i think its going to be underwhelming. I'm a U2 fan and not just a Bono fan...always have been and always will be. I guess Edge, Adam, and Larry blessed this Bono solo book tour music endeavor. Hopefully the rest of the band had enough cajones to tell Bono to do the book tour thing but on the next tour shut up and sing the fucking tunes. No long talks of his childhood, upbringing, etc. Been there and done that. Hopefully this Bono book project and tour also closes his Surrender" chapter so the band can move on with a new U2 album, tour, and Era ffs. End of rant.
  3. Originally posted by u2wanderer1:[..]
    The leak on Saturday via Ticketmaster should have been a good indicator that an announcement was coming. And had people resubbed at that point they would have been fine. These appearances are being set up via the Publisher, so not the same leaks as would be on a normal tour.

We’ve cut back on what we post for rumours due to the crap that we constantly get. Tired of hearing we are full of BS, threats against our team, and more. If you want them they are on the site. We aren’t posting updates to social media when we update those areas on the site.
    It's absolutely vile and disgusting that you and your awesome site, devoted to fan service, would receive any type of threat.
  4. Any ideas on the ticket price for the London show?
  5. Originally posted by LostSailor:Am I the only one who doesn't care about this Bono tour thing? Maybe I am a pessimist but i think its going to be underwhelming. I'm a U2 fan and not just a Bono fan...always have been and always will be. I guess Edge, Adam, and Larry blessed this Bono solo book tour music endeavor. Hopefully the rest of the band had enough cajones to tell Bono to do the book tour thing but on the next tour shut up and sing the fucking tunes. No long talks of his childhood, upbringing, etc. Been there and done that. Hopefully this Bono book project and tour also closes his Surrender" chapter so the band can move on with a new U2 album, tour, and Era ffs. End of rant.
    It’s the unknown. He could sing anything technically given the apparent expanse of the book. It could be very very interesting. Or full. But who knows.
  6. Originally posted by germcevoy:[..]
    It’s the unknown. He could sing anything technically given the apparent expanse of the book. It could be very very interesting. Or full. But who knows.
    Question is how much is he going to be singing. He’s worked on a handful of things at this point I’m sure, but the presentation is going to be mostly stories from the book…I’m guessing they fill 90 minutes or so, with a lot of chatter and 5-6 songs.
  7. Originally posted by u2wanderer1:[..]
    Question is how much is he going to be singing. He’s worked on a handful of things at this point I’m sure, but the presentation is going to be mostly stories from the book…I’m guessing they fill 90 minutes or so, with a lot of chatter and 5-6 songs.
    5-6 songs would be generous for this. I’m anticipating snippets of songs or ad-lib stuff I remain intrigued without any real hope of getting a ticket. He has been on the circuit for quite some time without ever taking part in something like this.
  8. Originally posted by germcevoy:[..]
    5-6 songs would be generous for this. I’m anticipating snippets of songs or ad-lib stuff I remain intrigued without any real hope of getting a ticket. He has been on the circuit for quite some time without ever taking part in something like this.
    We may get a preview on Friday in New York. He was originally working on some sort of performance for there, and when it was first announced it was “Bono in conversation with David Remnick and Performing” which was later retitled. Be interesting to see what he’s doing if anything. I’ll be there so will try to share anything interesting
  9. Long shot but I'll trade a Muse Anaheim pre sale code for a Bono pre-sale
  10. Once again Australia and New Zealand miss out on a tour
  11. Got a presale code I'm not going to use. First one to dm me can have it....

It's gone.