1. Originally posted by CHINNERS:CHINNERS QUICK REVIEW!!
    Bono at Cheltenham Literary Festival- 16th October 2022
    The venue was situated in the centre of Cheltenham in Montpellier Park in a temporary festival setting. It held around 1000 people each chair had Bono branded tote bag as gift for each attendee and the ticket price included a copy of the book. Which is to posted out at a later date.

Bono arrived on stage to a fantastic welcome from the excited fans, he was joined by Jacknife Lee (Percussion/Snyths), and Kate Ellis (cello) who then together performed totally reworked versions of “Vertigo”, then “With or Without You” and finally “City of Blinding Lights”. U2 soundman Joe O’Herlihy was on hand to work his magic with the sound, which despite the hammering rain on this temporary structure sounded great.
    Bono then sat down for an informal chat for about 40 minutes with Emma Freud, where he revealed lots of stories from his up coming book including details of the new U2 album to accompany the book.

It was an exclusive 'One Off' event and even with my back row seat I felt privileged to be there.
    Great, thanks for the insight and the small review (and the photos!!)
  2. how was the Q+A conducted? (apparently a question was about Edge's hats)
  3. Questions could be posted on slido.com and a few were selected towards the end of the session (apparently those that required short answers). The question about Edge's hat was a funny one: "What time does the Edge put his hat on? Does he have his breakfast first?" - I'm not sure if Bono actually answered it but that's when he shared the information about the hatless Edge on one of the covers of the next album.
  4. Originally posted by CHINNERS:CHINNERS QUICK REVIEW!!
    Bono at Cheltenham Literary Festival- 16th October 2022
    The venue was situated in the centre of Cheltenham in Montpellier Park in a temporary festival setting. It held around 1000 people each chair had Bono branded tote bag as gift for each attendee and the ticket price included a copy of the book. Which is to posted out at a later date.

Bono arrived on stage to a fantastic welcome from the excited fans, he was joined by Jacknife Lee (Percussion/Snyths), and Kate Ellis (cello) who then together performed totally reworked versions of “Vertigo”, then “With or Without You” and finally “City of Blinding Lights”. U2 soundman Joe O’Herlihy was on hand to work his magic with the sound, which despite the hammering rain on this temporary structure sounded great.
    Bono then sat down for an informal chat for about 40 minutes with Emma Freud, where he revealed lots of stories from his up coming book including details of the new U2 album to accompany the book.

It was an exclusive 'One Off' event and even with my back row seat I felt privileged to be there.

Thanks for the review! Sounds awesome!
  5. The best question asked was if Bono wanted to run for Prime Minister and with a glint in his eye he said that he would not want to downsize his house.
  6. Originally posted by CHINNERS:The best question asked was if Bono wanted to run for Prime Minister and with a glint in his eye he said that he would not want to downsize his house.
    hahaha cheeky bastard
  7. Bono talked about the first time U2 came over to UK looking to get record deal. He said they had taken the ferry from Dublin to Holyhead and then travelled down through the English countryside to London arriving at Paddington Station. In the past he has told of arriving at Euston Station and even in one concert of arriving at Victoria station. I wonder which one is correct
  8. He has artistic liscence
  9. Originally posted by ultraviolet346:Bono talked about the first time U2 came over to UK looking to get record deal. He said they had taken the ferry from Dublin to Holyhead and then travelled down through the English countryside to London arriving at Paddington Station. In the past he has told of arriving at Euston Station and even in one concert of arriving at Victoria station. I wonder which one is correct
    It's Bono we're talking about. He would sing Happy Birthday for Anton Corbjin in July when his birthday is on May 20th, would state in an interview in July 1987 that he had written Lucille that very morning (despite the fact he'd first performed it back in April 1987) and would claim onstage that they were about to play 11 O'Clock Tick Tock for the first time in 20 years (when they had played it around 5 months earlier, and even then it had only been 11 years since the last performance).
  10. He also got the time of day MLK was shot wrong..."early morning evening, April 4". He's a gifted raconteur, but a lousy historian.
  11. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    It's Bono we're talking about. He would sing Happy Birthday for Anton Corbjin in July when his birthday is on May 20th, would state in an interview in July 1987 that he had written Lucille that very morning (despite the fact he'd first performed it back in April 1987) and would claim onstage that they were about to play 11 O'Clock Tick Tock for the first time in 20 years (when they had played it around 5 months earlier, and even then it had only been 11 years since the last performance).

It will be interesting to see what he's put in the book - It would make more sense for them to have arrived at Euston station via the West Coast main line. Paddington / Paddington Bear has been all over the news since the Queen's death so my guess is that Bono chose to use the more hip option at this time!
  12. "It was cold and wet November day,
    We touched the ground af LGA".