2022-12-14 - Dublin
Tour: Various Dates
Songs played: 9
Audio recordings: 0
  1. U2 is soft and boring without a rhythm section.
  2. The icing on the cake for this documentary is if they put a sort of Homecoming from JT2017 on it somewhere. Probably zero chance but would be nice.
  3. Originally posted by Unodostres123:The icing on the cake for this documentary is if they put a sort of Homecoming from JT2017 on it somewhere. Probably zero chance but would be nice.
    Maybe the performance from the Croke Park show?

Paging Sergio……
  4. Nah. The theme with this one is stripped down, quiet lyrics a half to a whole key lower. Think BBC performance without a drum kit
  5. Originally posted by Unodostres123:[..]
    A rough idea was tweeted from an attendee who also says they ‘could be missing another’

Invisible
    Bad
    Vertigo
    Sunday Bloody Sunday
    Every Breaking wave
    Beautiful day
    Stuck in a moment
    Angel of Harlem
    One

Also was specified it wasn’t in that order. Angel of Harlem is an interesting one with it not being on songs of surrender.

This is a great set list!
  6. Originally posted by bonoschild:Nah. The theme with this one is stripped down, quiet lyrics a half to a whole key lower. Think BBC performance without a drum kit
    I was alos thinking this is going to be a BBC2
  7. I haven't posted in almost a month but I saw the batsignal.

IT'S A CRIME THEY HAD BROUGHT BACK A SORT OF HOMECOMING FOR THE JT30 TOUR AND DIDN'T PERFORM IT AT THEIR FECKIN HOMECOMING SHOW.
  8. Originally posted by bonoschild:[..]
    Yeah but the special is talking about Edge's and Bono's relationship and history..I saw and heard no mention of SoS in the trailer.. now HOW they're playing the songs- I'll bet they're all in SoS style - probably acoustic-ish with strings, choir and low-key percussion

"To mark the release of 'Songs of Surrender' on March 17, St Patrick's Day, Disney+ will premiere 'Bono & The Edge: A Sort of Homecoming, with Dave Letterman' ...."

says u2.com (or ist it just Bono&TheEdge.com?)
  9. Originally posted by dagobah:So is this a one-episode documentary or is it a multi-episode series?
    I don't see this mentioned at u2songs.com? If it is . . . . . then where?

It’s mentioned in the discography page for Songs of Surrender as it is promotion for that album. It’s been listed there since November. But wasn’t able to share all the details.

It’s a single documentary from what I understand, not split into episodes.
  10. Originally posted by hardti:[..]

"To mark the release of 'Songs of Surrender' on March 17, St Patrick's Day, Disney+ will premiere 'Bono & The Edge: A Sort of Homecoming, with Dave Letterman' ...."

says u2.com (or ist it just Bono&TheEdge.com?)
    If it would make you feel better to call it bonoandtheedgedotwhatever, have at it
  11. Why do I think this is going to be short like less than an hour.
  12. I’m begging it’ll find a sweet spot of 1 hour and 17 minutes