1. He ain't special
  2. No ill will towards this guy. I know nothing of him but what an amazing position he will find himself in.
  3. +1. I just detest the decision by the band to do this.
  4. larry doesn't do drum solos so just showing this guy's 'talent' well that ain't the u2 thing man
  5. He might be good, but that's not really the point...
  6. U2 does Krezip does Britney in Vegas. Have fun y'all

7. What I love here is that Larry approved him. It's good with me and I'm glad they finally found a solution so the band can continue.
  8. Picking someone relatively unknown seems a big gamble but I can only assume they’ve done their homework and some sessions so they feel confident this will work. My fantasy shortlist would have had Dave Grohl, Clem Burke on it or Butch Vig - Garbage owe U2 a drumming favour, right?
  9. Originally posted by Sydney_MIke:Picking someone relatively unknown seems a big gamble but I can only assume they’ve done their homework and some sessions so they feel confident this will work. My fantasy shortlist would have had Dave Grohl, Clem Burke on it or Butch Vig - Garbage owe U2 a drumming favour, right?
    I'm not ok with replacing Larry in the first place

But when they did, i really understand why they pick a relatively unknown drummer instead of the famous ones. They don't want the press to make the drummer bigger than the band

Let's face it: this site makes a lot of fuzz about the replacement. Casual fans don't even know who Larry is
  10. Not anymore it seems.